Sick of Sheffield

Digsy

I don't think anyone else would be stupid enough to be doing this.

Having that much cash on you in the first place is pretty ignorant, counting it in public is just downright stupid.

Save your contempt for the people who commit these sorts of crimes and leave Digsy alone. He's been mugged and he suffers from agrophobia, you've got no right to judge him. That goes for all the other tossers who are joining in to stick the boot in for their own trollish entertainment.

It's still a shame that you can't bring yourself to report it. Maybe it'll be your mum next time and then you'll feel bad as you didn't do what you could to help the culprits be caught.

Tbh I'm not wanting to slap society in the face by not reporting it, we (as a family) just don't need the added hassle right at this moment in my life.

And I can't say I'm proud of my decision, it is another one of those decisions that I might live to regret, like taking my money out in the first place, I should have just took the kids out for the day like we originally planned with bad weather or not, or stayed in and caught up with my mum on skype.

It is peoples kindness that keeps reminding me that money don't matter, and that community isn't really dead, we still have friends/family and a planet full of people that are willing to support others when they're down.

If I was a lesser man I'd be financially better off now than I was before the loss, without the need to go through the judicial process anyway.

Edited by Digsy

Save your contempt for the people who commit these sorts of crimes and leave Digsy alone. He's been mugged and he suffers from agrophobia, you've got no right to judge him. That goes for all the other tossers who are joining in to stick the boot in for their own trollish entertainment.

Ey, I'll have none of that, this is my thread, and I selfishly reserve all rights to feeding the trolls.

If you want to troll bait feel free to create your own thread.

As long as you don't call it "Sick of dave dave", I don't mind, it's annoying that you can wait days for one to turn up and just when your about to net them someones coaxed them away onto another thread :wink:.

Digsy: goes off to get a do not feed the trolls sign :hihi:.

Edited by Digsy

Tbh I'm not wanting to slap society in the face by not reporting it, we (as a family) just don't need the added hassle right at this moment in my life.

And I can't say I'm proud of my decision, it is another one of those decisions that I might live to regret, like taking my money out in the first place, I should have just took the kids out for the day like we originally planned with bad weather or not, or stayed in and caught up with my mum on skype.

It is peoples kindness that keeps reminding me that money don't matter, and that community isn't really dead, we still have friends/family and a planet full of people that are willing to support others when they're down.

If I was a lesser man I'd be financially better off now than I was before the loss, without the need to go through the judicial process anyway.

You can report something anonymously through crime stoppers if you're that worried about having to speak to a police officer.

Digsy, I suggest you do a little research on what a "troll" is, because your idea of one is so incredibly far from the truth it's kind of embarrassing.

The people you talk about in terms of "trolling", are actually just saying, why don't you report this? That isn't trolling, it's asking a genuine question as to why you, or a family member are unwilling to report a crime.

You talk about how money doesn't matter, the community is still alive, when in fact it is, and it does. Just because you live in isolation doesn't mean ignoring the comments for you to report the crime are less justified.. however poor you think the system is, you could help someone down the line, just for the sake of a phone call.

Digsy, I suggest you do a little research on what a "troll" is, because your idea of one is so incredibly far from the truth it's kind of embarrassing.

I acted on your suggestion and this is what it brought up.

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". While the term troll and its associated action trolling are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, recent media accounts have used the term troll to describe "a person who defaces internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[3][4] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

I think dave dave qualifies, of course you might not agree with me though.

The people you talk about in terms of "trolling", are actually just saying, why don't you report this? That isn't trolling, it's asking a genuine question as to why you, or a family member are unwilling to report a crime.

I don't mind that, it's the onslaught that comes afterwards when you answer the why? (which is percieved as nothing more than excuses to some, when I'm not giving excuses I'm answering the questions as to the "why") with insults, insinuations and fictional grans to try justify taking action I've already stated I don't want to take.

I'm not a total dick, I am looking into Cyclones suggestion of using an anonymous source like crime stoppers, even if it is just to say to you folks, "there happy now" and neutralise all the "ooh you your not reporting you villain" perceptions.

You talk about how money doesn't matter, the community is still alive, when in fact it is, and it does. Just because you live in isolation doesn't mean ignoring the comments for you to report the crime are less justified.. however poor you think the system is, you could help someone down the line, just for the sake of a phone call.

I'm not ignoring them, I've already addressed them, I don't want to keep repeating myself doing so over and over else I'll still be sat here in 5 years time telling the next generations of forum users to come that I have already forgiven.

Edited by Digsy

[For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. (Matthew 6:14-15)

It's good that you have your religion to comfort you and just thank God that you weren't badly injured or killed.

Relax with a glass of red wine.

Edited by harvey19

Ey, I'll have none of that, this is my thread, and I selfishly reserve all rights to feeding the trolls.

If you want to troll bait feel free to create your own thread.

As long as you don't call it "Sick of dave dave", I don't mind, it's annoying that you can wait days for one to turn up and just when your about to net them someones coaxed them away onto another thread :wink:.

Digsy: goes off to get a do not feed the trolls sign :hihi:.

Heh heh! Good work. Carry on trip-trapping over their bridges...