Help with needy boyfriend

If you are not ready for a type of relationship where you are in each other's pockets 24/7 then you should let him know straight away that the relationship isnt right for you and you want to call it a day. If he is as insecure as he sounds he might take it badly but its much fairer to let him down gently at this early stage rather than letting it drag on for years with him not really knowing anything is wrong.

They should both grow up, why be in a relationship when you're not really that bothered.

So let me get this straight, you HAVE to be head over heels in love from day 1 of a relationship, and should both obsess over eachother to the point where you have no life outside the relationship otherwise you should 'grow up'??? WTF

So let me get this straight, you HAVE to be head over heels in love from day 1 of a relationship, and should both obsess over eachother to the point where you have no life outside the relationship otherwise you should 'grow up'??? WTF

Ignore that comment, your fella sounds a bit unbalanced. Get shut and change your phone number.

If you are not ready for a type of relationship where you are in each other's pockets 24/7 then you should let him know straight away that the relationship isnt right for you and you want to call it a day. If he is as insecure as he sounds he might take it badly but its much fairer to let him down gently at this early stage rather than letting it drag on for years with him not really knowing anything is wrong.

I've been straight with him and told him he shouldn't behave like this and that I'm having a hard time dealing with his issues as well as everything else going on in my life. He apologises and claims he understands but then after a week at the most he's back up to his old tricks.

Ignore that comment, your fella sounds a bit unbalanced. Get shut and change your phone number.

You're all probably right as it will probably only get worse but I don't want to hurt him, like you said he seems a bit unbalanced so I'm not sure what he'd do. Maybe he'd try to hurt himself (or me). I wish he'd just calm down a little bit that's all!!!! Apparently he didn't get any sleep last night just because I didn't reply to one of his texts!

I've been straight with him and told him he shouldn't behave like this and that I'm having a hard time dealing with his issues as well as everything else going on in my life. He apologises and claims he understands but then after a week at the most he's back up to his old tricks.
And it will continue on so into the future...

Archived