British Muslim women 'left on the shelf'

Al Quran states that we can marry christians, jews and sabines and that what is permissible for them is now permissible for us. It also states we cannot force them to revert to Islam and must let them continue to have their religion and religious practices, but we are to raise our children in the Islam faith. Al Quran does not say Muslim women cannot marry non-Muslim men, it is only implied because nothing is said about it after the ruling is given about men.

Muslims began marrying British women after WW1 when there was a shortage of British men. There are thousands of such marriages every year now. Like George Osbourne's brother.

We learn new things everyday about spindrift. This week he's coming out as a white, muslim woman who lives in Leytonstone :confused::hihi:

We learn new things everyday about spindrift. This week he's coming out as a white, muslim woman who lives in Leytonstone :confused::hihi:

I'd say you're confused, where on earth did you get the idea I'm a muslim woman? :loopy:

If people mention an entity that makes them one of them, right natjack?

So, you're a toad?

I'd say you're confused, where on earth did you get the idea I'm a muslim woman? :loopy:

So, you're a toad?

to be fair, referencing the quotation would have made it easier to understand in context.

Al Quran states that we can marry christians, jews and sabines and that what is permissible for them is now permissible for us. It also states we cannot force them to revert to Islam and must let them continue to have their religion and religious practices, but we are to raise our children in the Islam faith. Al Quran does not say Muslim women cannot marry non-Muslim men, it is only implied because nothing is said about it after the ruling is given about men.

Muslims began marrying British women after WW1 when there was a shortage of British men. There are thousands of such marriages every year now. Like George Osbourne's brother.

Let me Google that for you.

How does that translate in practice. The OP doesn't seem to suggest a very broad outlook on wider society.

So, you're a toad?

I guess it was you using 'we' on a thread about British Muslim women ... if it was meant to be a quote, why not put it in a quotes box?

You're getting my user name confused, yeah? You probs thinking of natterjack?

I thought you'd said before that you had a girlfriend?

And that you weren't a Muslim.

That sounds like you are a Muslim woman, is that right?

EDIT: Just read the rest of the thread! It does read like that spindrift! :huh:

Archived