Buying a Mobile Phone in Britain..

Hmmm, I guess everyone prefers different things... I heard that 3 has the fastest connection, though.

Are you on a budget? as there are rooms only near uni thats a lot cheaper then flats or uni accomandation, £50-£60 aweek will get a room with bills bills pay for, If you are female and dont mind sharing i have a room for free;)

Are you on a budget? as there are rooms only near uni thats a lot cheaper then flats or uni accomandation, £50-£60 aweek will get a room with bills bills pay for, If you are female and dont mind sharing i have a room for free;)

I'm a male so I don't think so. But thanks anyway :hihi:

My parents are kindly paying my accommodation so I need not worry about that.

And I'm looking at the flats in Sheffield, and some of them (like flats with 3 bedrooms) are as low as 80 pounds per week. That's ABSOLUTELY MENTAL if you compare that to what we have here in Tokyo. Me and my mother, like most middle class folks in this city, live in a 2 bedroom apartment and we pay about 300 pounds per week. I have to remind myself that real estate is pathologically expensive from where I come from, and not so much elsewhere.

I'm a male so I don't think so. But thanks anyway :hihi:

My parents are kindly paying my accommodation so I need not worry about that.

And I'm looking at the flats in Sheffield, and some of them (like flats with 3 bedrooms) are as low as 80 pounds per week. That's ABSOLUTELY MENTAL if you compare that to what we have here in Tokyo. Me and my mother, like most middle class folks in this city, live in an apartment and we pay about 300 pounds per week. I have to remind myself that real estate is pathologically expensive from where I come from.

those cheap houses will be in a crap area, like most places in sheffield, and you will have smackheads breaking in every few weeks, A flat is very good, if you pick the right one there will be lots of Chinese girls in it;), PM me for the right places

those cheap houses will be in a crap area, like most places in sheffield, and you will have smackheads breaking in every few weeks, A flat is very good, if you pick the right one there will be lots of Chinese girls in it;), PM me for the right places

Nah, I'm actually wanting to stay in a student accommodation, even if it may cost a little more money.

You know, I MIGHT pick some of my friends and move out on the year 2 and 3, but for now I'm fine with the student accommodation in Endcliffe. But thanks for the enlightenment, I have totally forgotten how real estate is affordable in the UK compared to this crowded country I'm in.

EDIT: By the way, this property is close to the Student Union. Might be good.

http://sheffield.gumtree.com/sheffield/20/73961620.html

But most places are full of smack heads and unemployed people, you will understand once you see it, Also most of them are dumb just go to 'the moor' and see the real Sheffield person, it will be a big culture shock for you to see 40% of people dont have a full time job.

But most places are full of smack heads and unemployed people, you will understand once you see it, Also most of them are dumb just go to 'the moor' and see the real Sheffield person, it will be a big culture shock for you to see 40% of people dont have a full time job.

It's 40% unemployed in Sheffield? Or they have a job that isn't even a real job?

How long are you in the UK for? Also you might struggle to get a contract phone as you won't have any credit history.

I am on Orange Sim only, £20 a month, 600 mins, unlimited text and internet. I just bought a HTC desire from someone on here. You might struggle to get sim only aswell as it stil requires some form of credit check / histroy. Pay as you go might be your only sensible option.

Buy a phone second hand and you can get some really good deals on pay as you go as long as you put on £10 a month, including loads of data for the internet. Free minutes will only be valid in the the UK so you would want to get a phone card for making international calls.

Is there a reason you want an I-phone?

There are quite a few similar phones that do the same thing for less cost.

Personally I don't like contracts, but don't agree with the amount of credit you get for your money on pay as you go.

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Europa from Carphone warehouse (all their phones are unlocked, so you can use any sim card in them) for £80 on pay as you go.

At the same time I got a rolling contract (you can cancel them at any time, no cancellation fees) also known as a sim-only monthly contract. I pay £15 a month and get 400 min, 400 texts and 500 mb internet, which is perfect for me. I'm using this sim in the phone i bought, which phone runs on Android (currently the main rival to I-phone, i think) which handles internet very well, I'm posting on the forum right now with it!

I'm not a gadget freak, but i love the phone i have and what it can do, and I'm not stuck in a lengthy contract! :love::love::love:

Archived