Buying a Mobile Phone in Britain..

Depends what you do with it.

pay as you go will give you loads of free mins to use in the UK, once they run out then yes, it might cost more but just get a deal that will give you enough. It's not much different to contract phones, if you are not using free minutes then it wil be expensive.

Thanks I am planning to go for pay as you go phones but i don't have any idea for this plan, now it is clear thanks again for sharing.

Go in to a phone shop, and get your haggling hat on. As of yesterday I was due an upgrade, but for the Desire HD Vodafone (who I'm with) wanted £200 for the phone to go on the same plan as I have now (£25/month) so when I went in and enquired about cancelling because T-Mobile are doing the same plan, and only £90 for the phone, the lass I spoke to agreed she would do the same, but she would pass my number to their price match team, but she would still let me know how much it is to cancel.

Got a phone call this morning, all of a sudden I'm a highly valued customer and because of this I have ''Many doors open for me'' so I explained the above situation and I'm now waitin' for that call. I'll more than likely leave but like I said, it's not something I particularly want to do, with the hassle, but if I have to, for the sake of £110 then I wont mind.

Really? Then that's good. But now I have to find out how I can pull all my money out of my account in Japan and pull it into the UK one...

Look at xe.com. They may be able to help you. If you set up a trading account with them, then once you've verified the accounts at each end, it's easy to transfer money either way. The exchange rates are very competitive (far better than those offered by the banks) and if you opt for delivery by EFT, there's no Wire charge.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived