What did Barry's Pub on London Road used to be called?

i remember london rd being the place to be but seems a very tumbleweed street now !!

I don't think it is. I'd say its quite vibrant with many ethnic shops and eateries, plus some longstanding occupiers. Sure, perhaps its not a destination drinking spot it used to be many moons ago, but times move on.

I haven't been in the Cremorne of late but it seems to have had a lick of paint and I've spied a DJ setup through the window. What's going off in there now?

I was dj there for about 2 yrs back in 97 ! many great memories there and long aftebird sessions !! called in not so long back with my partner and had a quick reminisce on how it used to be !! dont know if could do it again though times have changed !! i remember london rd being the place to be but seems a very tumbleweed street now !!

Your comment seemed a bit odd, as I moved here in 97, and I'd say that London Rd has alot more going on now than it did when I first moved here... The pubs are local holes though, and the Tramway looks set to get knocked down, cos it doesn't look like anyone is going to take it on now... Plenty of restaurants though, so many different sorts and there's a new bar open now at the bottom (city centre end)...

Barry is vile to black women, and has never seemed a fan of white men either... Went in a few times just as he had taken over, and he was so incredibly rude to a black female mate of mine... Totally out of order!

Your comment seemed a bit odd, as I moved here in 97, and I'd say that London Rd has alot more going on now than it did when I first moved here... The pubs are local holes though, and the Tramway looks set to get knocked down, cos it doesn't look like anyone is going to take it on now... Plenty of restaurants though, so many different sorts and there's a new bar open now at the bottom (city centre end)...

Barry is vile to black women, and has never seemed a fan of white men either... Went in a few times just as he had taken over, and he was so incredibly rude to a black female mate of mine... Totally out of order!

It was a guy called Pat mumbly or something when i was there who ran it ! big slobber chops guy ! it was barrys after a few month of me leaving i think, i never went back there til like i say sometime last yr so a decade away + i never stepped foot in it !! never met barry !

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, mslotus said:

Barry's Bar was previously The Crown. I worked there before he changed the name.

The Crown is unfortunately a little bit what could be termed "On the other side of the road"

and was and still may open as "The Crown"

Edited by Nankypoo