Tell me about some good eco friendly alternatives..

Solar panels are a good medium-long term investment if the government is still doing the Feed In Tariff (FIT) for solar energy. You get paid quite a bit for the electricity you produce, even if you're using it. If you have a large south facing roof & a few thousand not doing much at the moment, it looks good.

A friend of mine works here - http://www.eco-hometec.co.uk/

Nice one HJL Sheff.:thumbsup:

Todays Tip:

Don't boil the kettle for a cuppa just for yourself. Ask the rest of the family or even the neighbours if they fancy a brew, this will save energy. If you live alone you could fill a flask of tea in the morning that will last you for the day.:)

Solar panels are a good medium-long term investment if the government is still doing the Feed In Tariff (FIT) for solar energy. You get paid quite a bit for the electricity you produce, even if you're using it. If you have a large south facing roof & a few thousand not doing much at the moment, it looks good.

A friend of mine works here - http://www.eco-hometec.co.uk/

Cheers anywebsite, I am actually looking into this at the moment.:)

Tell you what I will do for you forumers. I will try my best to post daily an idea that we can all use to help our environment.

Reduce the global population by at least 50%.

Overpopulation Is Rarely Discussed As An Environmental Issue

Overpopulation 'is main threat to planet'

Our current global population is only made possible by an abundance of cheap oil (mechanized farming, artificial fertilizers, pesticides, all depend on oil). As this finite resource runs out, food will start to become more expensive and there will be civil unrest across the globe. We're getting a tiny taste of that round about now, just an apéritif you might say.

Connecting the Dots: Food, Fossil Fuel and Population

But hey, if you feel like polishing the brasses on the Titanic, knock yourself out.

Archived