Supermarkets & Parents

Nipped to the supermarket yesterday for a few things, it ended up taking me half an hour because of all the idiots with kids.

WHY do both parents need to go to the supermarket with their kids? They then let their kids run around annoying other shoppers and getting in the way.

Why can't one parent stay at home with the kids?

Or if they HAVE to go together, why can't they learn to control their children?

It's just called life, get used to it dave_dave!

Just a thought - When you go to the supermarket do both Dave's go, or just one? Is there any need to take both Daves? Doesn't it end up with one Dave getting in the way of other shoppers?

Seriously tho, I agree about kids running around. It is annoying, but that happens wherever you go in life so either live in a bubble or get a little patience.

I'm sure you used to run around a supermarket sliding on your knees on the shiny floor when you were a kid!

Nipped to the supermarket yesterday for a few things, it ended up taking me half an hour because of all the idiots with kids.

WHY do both parents need to go to the supermarket with their kids? They then let their kids run around annoying other shoppers and getting in the way.

:hihi::hihi: were you hung over, dave? kids can be a nightmare if you hungover. i know i always want to strangle mine. i can see your point about both parents taking kids shopping, but they do need to be exposed to all sorts. hope you won't have traumatic a time on your next trip.

im not saying its ok for parents to allow them to run wild in the supermarket but maybe its worth considering these points

1 - maybe they are single parents so cant leave kids at home with another parent and they have to go shopping for food to feed the kids, belive me i wouldnt take my kids shopping if i had another choice!

2 - maybe one of the parents is ill so cant look after the kids.

3 - to control them many parents wil have to keep them in the trolleys and this will no doubt cause a screaming fit which will then upset the other shopppers anyway and perhaps even more than them running around.

parents dont NEED to go shopping with their kids if they have them with them then its because they HAVE TO!

out of curiosity how would you or how would you suggest controling the kids that are a - running around or/and b - screaming and tantruming for stuff?

im not saying its ok for parents to allow them to run wild in the supermarket but maybe its worth considering these points

1 - maybe they are single parents so cant leave kids at home with another parent and they have to go shopping for food to feed the kids, belive me i wouldnt take my kids shopping if i had another choice!

2 - maybe one of the parents is ill so cant look after the kids.

3 - to control them many parents wil have to keep them in the trolleys and this will no doubt cause a screaming fit which will then upset the other shopppers anyway and perhaps even more than them running around.

parents dont NEED to go shopping with their kids if they have them with them then its because they HAVE TO!

out of curiosity how would you or how would you suggest controling the kids that are a - running around or/and b - screaming and tantruming for stuff?

You missed the point when I said BOTH parents, it's perfectly understandable if you're a single parent, which is why I emphasised the point.

I don't know how you stop them running around tripping over other shoppers but is that not one of the things kids should be taught not to do?

I have no problem with them screaming in a trolley, at least they're not under my feet, or hitting my legs as I walk past.

I shop at 5-30am, so no problem with kids or adults, just shell stockers.:hihi:

Archived