Supermarkets & Parents

Nipped to the supermarket yesterday for a few things, it ended up taking me half an hour because of all the idiots with kids.

WHY do both parents need to go to the supermarket with their kids? They then let their kids run around annoying other shoppers and getting in the way.

Why can't one parent stay at home with the kids?

Or if they HAVE to go together, why can't they learn to control their children?

I do have to agree.

I'm sorry, what?

Your title "Supermarkets and Parents" ie taking your parents ie the oldies not the young uns being the probem as I can nip past the families it's the 75 + walking slowly, standing for ever in front of the bargains etc I struggle with (was a joke ... but just to me it seems!).

Your title "Supermarkets and Parents" ie taking your parents ie the oldies not the young uns being the probem as I can nip past the families it's the 75 + walking slowly, standing for ever in front of the bargains etc I struggle with (was a joke ... but just to me it seems!).

Ah I see. I just didn't understand what you were saying so I thought I would ask! I do see your point.

Its an opinion. Some parents really don't attempt to control their children, and even those that do can have an off day when one or more of their children decides to have a personality transplant as soon as they are out in public. Most of us who've had the joy of shopping with children recognise the syndrome. When mine were young, leaving them with their dad and nipping off to the shops for an hour or two on my own was bliss!
My bold

And that's the problem, as far as I am concerned!! Not all children run around like lunatics, barging into trolleys and screaming.

I can understand a parent deliberately ignoring a 2 or 3 year old who's lying on the floor and having a temper tantrum, because there's not much else you can do. But when you've got older children running amok, with the parents just ignoring them, it makes my blood boil. :rant:

I used to work in a SM and have seen some nasty accidents caused by kids out of control. I rarely took mine shopping but when I did, I didn't have to sit them in the trolley to make them behave. They knew their would be trouble if they caused me embarrassment.

I used to work in a SM and have seen some nasty accidents caused by kids out of control. I rarely took mine shopping but when I did, I didn't have to sit them in the trolley to make them behave. They knew their would be trouble if they caused me embarrassment.

Good post, I have seen toddlers running round in the cafe area of supermarkets when people are carrying trays of hot food, the children only see up to knee level and aren't aware of the dangers - the parents should be

Good post, I have seen toddlers running round in the cafe area of supermarkets when people are carrying trays of hot food, the children only see up to knee level and aren't aware of the dangers - the parents should be

I agree and also it's not just supermarkets; toddlers running about in restaurants - now that really gets to me.

Archived