Are Semi Contact Martial Arts Dying Out ?

chefkicker

At the recent Taekwondo international world championships people paid around £60 for a weekend pass to watch mainly semi contact Taekwondo, a few patterns were thrown in with a bit of full contact. The fighters paid around £35 each to fight. The event attracted over 1800 competitors from all over the world. They had 28 rings in play on both days and the event was sold out completely.

• 2 weeks later...
At the recent Taekwondo international world championships people paid around £60 for a weekend pass to watch mainly semi contact Taekwondo, a few patterns were thrown in with a bit of full contact. The fighters paid around £35 each to fight. The event attracted over 1800 competitors from all over the world. They had 28 rings in play on both days and the event was sold out completely.

Did any of those fighters have "mug" tatooed on their forehead?

• 2 months later...

Theres a lot of idiotic people around. Paying £60 to watch a load of semi contact? :hihi: Sounds like the kind of sport for Castle black belt academy

ive trained in semi & full contact for years & to me the style is most of the time irrelevant its more the person there size weight aggression some people are born fighters some people no matter how much or hard they train will never be.

I am a full contact person myself, but I have a lot of respect for the semi contact guys. I see no need to start calling them any names or comparing them to rip of merchants.

They are obviously not dying out on the contrary they are getting stronger

Archived