Alcohol consumption in the UK has been dropping since 2002

Nagel

But the biggest drop is in the 16 to 24 years age group, so it's nothing to do with an ageing population.

An ageing population is a factor affecting recorded sales.

The age-specific drinking habits are determined from a survey where people report their own drinking habits.

In such surveys, people lie. I put down 20.9 units per week in surveys for example, when the true figure is about ten times higher.

I consume alcohol from a variety of sources.

Homebrew, the pub, the supermarket and dodgy Dave.

Obtaining reliable information about drinking behaviour is difficult, and social surveys consistently record lower levels of consumption than would be expected from data on alcohol sales. This is partly because people may consciously or unconsciously underestimate how much alcohol they consume. Drinking at home is particularly likely to be underestimated because the quantities consumed are not measured and are likely to be larger than those dispensed in licensed premises

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/downloads/theme_compendia/GLF09/GLFSmoking-DrinkingAmongAdults2009.pdf

An ageing population is a factor affecting recorded sales.

The age-specific drinking habits are determined from a survey where people report their own drinking habits.

In such surveys, people lie. I put down 20.9 units per week in surveys for example, when the true figure is about ten times higher.

I consume alcohol from a variety of sources.

Homebrew, the pub, the supermarket and dodgy Dave.

200 units a week. And why would you lie on a survey, for what earthly purpose?

I guess it doesn't matter, as unless you're lying now you'll soon be dead from chronic alcohol abuse!

200 units a week. And why would you lie on a survey, for what earthly purpose?

I guess it doesn't matter, as unless you're lying now you'll soon be dead from chronic alcohol abuse!

So what? I've hit well over that. It don't bother me. I still look young, in the dark. With a hat on. You have to lie on those's things. Otherwise the feds turn up and take the telly away. Get real.

I was reading through the Metro this morning, on the way to work and two very good points were made. The the price of alcohol does not dictate the level of alcohol abuse. In Scandanavia the high price of alcohol has not curbed the consumption of alcohol where the trend appears to be worse than in the UK. In countries such as Spain where the price of alcohol is cheaper, it is less of a problem .... Unless you are a UK holiday maker.

Go and fish elsewhere, you little person

I'm sorry that you're upset about being wrong and not knowing any students. But it doesn't alter anything, you don't know any students, and you're still wrong.

Of course they don't all spend every night in the pub, but some of them really do go to the pub more nights than they don't.

I'm sorry that you're upset about being wrong and not knowing any students. But it doesn't alter anything, you don't know any students, and you're still wrong.

Of course they don't all spend every night in the pub, but some of them really do go to the pub more nights than they don't.

I'm not upset, I don't let things get to me, even little people like you. Now shoooo

Okay, so without making this personal Mecky. You're speaking from a position of ignorance. You clearly don't know any students or what you're talking about.

I called you on that, because there are indeed some students who visit the pub five times a week. I know some like that.

You were wrong. It's no big deal though, let's just move on without you calling me a troll, claiming that I'm fishing or saying that I'm little.

Archived