Inflation up, Unemployment up..Bankers bonuses up!

Go and work for one, what's stopping you?

Thats a really good point. Isnt it supply and demand? ~The reason they get paid alot, is that they're needed. People say 'banks' are greedy, well they wouldnt be paying high wages if they didnt have to.

Anyone can take the courses, work their way up and have a go at trading.

Thats a really good point. Isnt it supply and demand? ~The reason they get paid alot, is that they're needed. People say 'banks' are greedy, well they wouldnt be paying high wages if they didnt have to.

Anyone can take the courses, work their way up and have a go at trading.

Don't be fooled. The reason they are paid well is because they control the purse strings. There seems to be very little shareholded accountability. The money paid out to fatcats in bonuses is actually greater than the dough paid out to its shareholders! It's not everybody in the Banks who get massive bonuses, just a few fat cats at the top. I think in Barclays it is people from Lehmans (rememeber them?) who are now the ones at the top of the pile.

WITH champagne corks popping from £200 bottles of bubbly, there was no sign of the biggest financial disaster since the Great Depression of the 30s.

Traders from Barclays Capital, whose boss Bob Diamond yesterday revealed a £6billion profit, celebrated their bonuses by downing £195 bottles of Cristal champers and buying luxury motors.

The “banker’s choice” of luxury sports car – the £70,000 Porsche 911 Black Edition – is selling out as the fatcats fill their boots again.

The market in £1million-plus properties in London also remains buoyant – and interest is even growing.

The Mayfair branch of wine merchant Berry Bros and Rudd said its Hampshire-based headquarters, which sells fine wines by the case, had seen a surge in recent spending.

The most popular wines are Chateau Lâtour, which has a starting price of £5,000 a case, and Chateau Mouton Roths-child, which costs from £3,500 a case.

Signs the bankers are again enjoying doing what they do best – squandering vast amounts of money – can also be seen at the £50-a-pop cigar shops and the Rolex outlets, while £50,000 Bang & Olufsen home entertainment systems continue to sell.

And tailors continue to churn out £4,000 suits for traders to buy three at a time, treating themselves to yet more luxuries as if the credit crunch never happened.

Aaah, so that's why inflation is slowly creeping upwards, I wondered who was spending so much money, I thought it couldn't be us wretched peasants Oop North, we're all losing our jobs and don't have money to spend on frivolous nonsense.

But then I did notice my neighbour bought a bicycle to commute to work on (to save cash, she tells me) and that's when I realised it was her that was single-handedly sending the UK economy crashing, not the bankers.

x x x

Aaah, so that's why inflation is slowly creeping upwards, I wondered who was spending so much money, I thought it couldn't be us wretched peasants Oop North, we're all losing our jobs and don't have money to spend on frivolous nonsense.

But then I did notice my neighbour bought a bicycle to commute to work on (to save cash, she tells me) and that's when I realised it was her that was single-handedly sending the UK economy crashing, not the bankers.

x x x

:hihi:Don't talk like that you'll have all the minimum wage apologists up in arms!

Archived