Perfume Advice for older lady please!

Same here, when I was at school I used to wear Charlie Red, Charlie Gold and Charlie Silver (not all at the same time though!).

I'm guessing we are around the same age :) I love Charlie Red and wear it as my day perfume mon/fri

My Mum is 70 & she likes 'Paris' by Yves Saint Laurent, which has a lovely scent, though I think it's not cheap.

By the way Ruby, Yves Saint Laurent have relaunched Rive Gauche. I had the aftershave which is very potent & sensual - a bit too sweet for me though lol.

All of my suggestions (with the exception of the Mariella Burani) are from perfumiers your aunt would recognise and most are formulations that have been around for half a century or longer too.

Mitsouko is almost 100 years old (first marketed in 1919) and Miss Dior is a just post war scent (1947).

Another couple to add to my list above are Guerlain Shalimar (1925) and Tabu (1932).

There's lots of heritage in perfume and it's amazing how much scents link directly into memories. I hope you find the right scent for your aunt :)

Hiya, im in between 60 and 70, i only ever wear "Aromatics Elixir" by Clinique, its sophisticated and the smell lingers for ages....:)

Be very careful with Aromatics Elixir- it's one of those 'love it or loathe it' scents and lots of people report feeling sick, having a headache or just having to shower to get rid of it when they wear it (along with Poison, Angel and a few other 'unusual' scents).

Archived