Perfume Advice for older lady please!

we are wanting to buy some perfume for my OH's 70 year old aunt, but other than Chanel no.5 I have no idea what perfume is suitable, can anyone help?

what perfumes have been around forever???

Youth Dew by Estee Lauder... 'Y' by YSL... Guerlain's Mitsouko or Shalimar... Google old perfumes and you'll find all the oldies, and then you can go to boots for a sniff...

I'm probably in the minority here, but isn't perfume a very personal thing? Not everyone likes the same things, I know I don't? So I'd hesitate to give it to someone unless it was something I knew they liked

i know its personal, but our other relatives got her clothes etc (mini makeover) so we thought we'd get her perfume. she doesnt have much money and would never buy herself something like that.

...Yves Saint Laurent have relaunched Rive Gauche....

Do you know if they've changed the smell? Or just tinkered with the packaging?

I'll be gutted if it doesn't smell the same.

My favourite ever perfume was the original Nina, by Nina Ricci (introduced in the late 1980s). They discontinued it in the early 2000s, so I was thrilled to see it re-introduced a couple of years ago.

But it's nothing like it! They've stolen the name and even the Nina writing, but the new stuff smells overpoweringly sweet and cloying.

I've only just found a replacement...... Rive Gauche. So if they've faffed about with that too, I'll be back to square one!

Archived