Perfume Advice for older lady please!

My Mum is 70 & she likes 'Paris' by Yves Saint Laurent, which has a lovely scent, though I think it's not cheap.

By the way Ruby, Yves Saint Laurent have relaunched Rive Gauche. I had the aftershave which is very potent & sensual - a bit too sweet for me though lol.

Your mother has very good taste, I concur!

I bet you smell just gorgeous ... I can see I shall have to go and have a schmooze around the perfumery counters and see what they have these days. I wish they'd bring back Je Reviens. I loved that one, wore it non-stop at one time.

My mothers (age 64) fave perfume is Opium by YSL.. its a little strong, but a little goes a long way. I think shes still using a bottle from the mid-90s if memory serves me right.
Opium! That's the one I was thinking of when I typed Poison. Very 60s! I have a funny story about that particular perfume. Well, funny to me, anyway!*giggles*

Thanks for this thread, weenireeni, it's brought back some sweet scented memories, deffo! :D

Your mother has very good taste, I concur!

I bet you smell just gorgeous ... I can see I shall have to go and have a schmooze around the perfumery counters and see what they have these days. I wish they'd bring back Je Reviens. I loved that one, wore it non-stop at one time.

I'm sure I saw Je Reviens in Atkinson's the other week. It was quite cheap too, I was surprised to see it.

My favourites (not being in my 70s;) ) are: Clinique Aromatics, No 19 and Agent Provocateur.

I'm sure I saw Je Reviens in Atkinson's the other week. It was quite cheap too, I was surprised to see it.

My favourites (not being in my 70s;) ) are: Clinique Aromatics, No 19 and Agent Provocateur.

I'll ring them and find out, cheap, eh? Good!

I wonder if any of these old perfumes will still smell as good as we remember them. Hope so. Would love to sniff a bottle of Aqua Citra again.

ETA: Looks as though it IS available again ... how gorgeous does this sound ...

One of the all time classic fragrances for women, Je Reviens from then French perfume house Worth is elegant, gentle and romantic. First released in 1932 it uses classic floral ingredients to create a scent that envelopes and blends with the wearer. Clever blending of florals and spices has created a timeless and luxurious fragrance that captures the essence of Paris in the 1930s. Top notes of orange blossom, aldehydes, jasmine and lemon are fresh and light and at its heart is a beautiful fusion of lilac, orris, hyacinth, ylang ylang, rose and narcissus. This melts into a warm base of amber, musk, vetiver and incense.

I'll ring them and find out, cheap, eh? Good!

I wonder if any of these old perfumes will still smell as good as we remember them. Hope so. Would love to sniff a bottle of Aqua Citra again.

Perfume must be the most evocative of aromas. Just smelling certain brands that I wore in the past transports me back in time. Others just conjure up someone I know who wore that type.

Archived