Perfume Advice for older lady please!

Your mother has very good taste, I concur!

I bet you smell just gorgeous ... I can see I shall have to go and have a schmooze around the perfumery counters and see what they have these days. I wish they'd bring back Je Reviens. I loved that one, wore it non-stop at one time.

Is that in a green stripey box?

If so, I'm sure I've seen it in TKMaxx.

Aqua Manda - bloomin' eck! That brings a few things to mind :heyhey:

Would that be Paris by Coty by any chance?

I bet, AM and AC were very popular at one time with the younger set. I just loved the bottles they were in. Not Coty, Yves St Laurent.

Is that in a green stripey box?

If so, I'm sure I've seen it in TKMaxx.

I don't know, it used to be made by Charles Worth, but afaik it was discontinued many years ago. I've looked online and it looks as though it's been reincarnated as cheapo line. I shall investigate ...

Mine was from Harvey Nicks, I'll buy online in future thanks for the tip Suffy:D

I got mine from this site. I have one 30ml and two 50ml bottles which no longer seem to be available from this site. There are hardly any stockists, John Lewis is the only pace I know of in Sheffield. It's also virtually totally unavailable duty free, my husband who travels extensively with work is always on the lookout for some.

Do you know if they've changed the smell? Or just tinkered with the packaging?

I'll be gutted if it doesn't smell the same.

My favourite ever perfume was the original Nina, by Nina Ricci (introduced in the late 1980s). They discontinued it in the early 2000s, so I was thrilled to see it re-introduced a couple of years ago.

But it's nothing like it! They've stolen the name and even the Nina writing, but the new stuff smells overpoweringly sweet and cloying.

I've only just found a replacement...... Rive Gauche. So if they've faffed about with that too, I'll be back to square one!

I think they have changed the smell, well according to this webite

http://www.basenotes.net/content/

Archived