Does anyone know of function rooms near Hillsborough?

Becky88

Originally posted by sheffandy

Dont know how much u wanna spend, but the Garrison Hotel on Penistone Road (on the Morrisons site,next to B&Q) has two great function rooms. one upstairs thats holds around 50-70 people. and a large 1 downstairs that can be made larger or smaller with the use of screens.They also have DJ u can hire too,who's OK as well.

I got married there last month and they were brilliant, had both rooms,(one 2 get wed in, other 4 evening doo.)

Very atmospheric and good bar(just like a pub downstairs,open to non-residents.) and staff.

U could ave a buffet too as the food was best eva 4 a wedding buffet, and not 2 pricey either.

If u want a place u want 2 remember, i'd go 4 it. its gotta be better than a scabby upstairs room in some dodgy S6 pub.

I highly recommend it.

Oi, there's nothing dodgy about S6 Pubs.. :mad::rant:

• 2 weeks later...

I never said that ALL S6 pubs pubs were dodgy did I?

There are enough good real ale pubs in S6 to vouch that I would never say that, seeing as i mostly only go boozing in this postcode area.

But without naming names, you know as well as i do the pubs in S6 not to go in at all. (if ,presuming ,you're not some one who goes out looking for trouble.)

the beehive does a function room, Park Hotel you need to have so many people, like over 100 or something, the Dial house WAS a nice function room, i had my dads 50th there this April, but is now shut down.

The Beehive's number is 0114 2343310

good luck with finding a room :thumbsup:

Following on from Jennykay's post, at work, we use the Sports Arena 3 times a year for meetings for around 50 people including buffet and drinks.

Reasonable rates, good transport links, plus parking for those who drive. I would recommend them.

I booked it at the trickshots snooker club only to phone up last thursday asking if they had sent the price lists to be informed they don't do 18th birthday parties when i'd specified it was an 18th wen i booked so now i'm really stuck i need to book somewhere new for the 18th any new suggestions would be really appreciated ,:help: how much was the garrison my budget isn't that good i'm a student:rolleyes:

Archived