Are the laws in this country becoming a joke?

Im not condoning stealing at all. but if it was me, if I had been caught stealing by my employer I would hold my hands up and face the music.

But if my employer tried to humiliate me in that way I would end up getting done for GBH as well as theft.

He is a bully, he will have known that he could get away with the humiliation without any reprisals from the man involved.

Marching somewhere isn't the key issue, it was the label that's proven to be the problem IMO. Theft is an offence which would allow a citizens arrest.

Was it theft or fraud? IIRC writing out a cheque without permission and cashing it is fraud and not theft. As there is no specific criminal offence of fraud the person had no right to do a citizens arrest and should have called the police to deal with it.

Taking anything that isn't yours is theft, which would include a cheque or cheque book.

Using it would then be fraud.

But from what I have read this guy was caught after cashing it so it would have been fraud. If he was caught with the cheque still on him then it would have been theft of a cheque.

Its time the laws of this country was scrapped and re writen in modern queens English, same with the penalties given when found guilty some of the penalties given by the courts are laughable, and then we spend a lot of money on appeals and sentences are cut, the bad boys are laughing there heads off at the law, and the police are getting more frustrated

Archived