Army parade protesters lose appeal

I know I'm in a minority here, but I'm always on the side of free speech. I wouldn't have charged the Luton protesters. They should be allowed to express their viewpoint however unpopular.

That's the way it works in the USA. It leads to people like the Westboro Baptists being allowed to say what they want, but that's free speech. You can't just allow people to say what is popular, you have to allow the unpopular too otherwise it's not free speech.

Protesting against the war ,fair enough ,that is their right but to come out with the comments they did was wrong it was inciting comments which at the least could have led to a breach of the peace which is a criminal offence in this country,they knew what they were doing and sadly have got the publicity they sought.

I know I'm in a minority here, but I'm always on the side of free speech. I wouldn't have charged the Luton protesters. They should be allowed to express their viewpoint however unpopular.

That's the way it works in the USA. It leads to people like the Westboro Baptists being allowed to say what they want, but that's free speech. You can't just allow people to say what is popular, you have to allow the unpopular too otherwise it's not free speech.

Are you for real??? So if a guy/girl came along with a view that i dont know lets just say for arguements sake its ok to have kill non british people because they wernt born here.

you would allow them views to be aired in public because of freedom of speech

come off it! !!!!

well, it's not stopped you suggesting that Muslims can't so why be so defensive when a question is posed to a Jew, are you discriminating perhaps? Would you like to confirm that people of all religions can be British and regard our army as our boys and girls or is this privelage only accorded if you happen to be a Jew or a Christian?

All jews are citizens of Israel regardless of where they are born and the IDF is their first army whereas Muslims are not part of any such Muslim army unless they choose to become part of one depending on where they were born.

I am just amazed at the double standards being applied by people who regard themselves as not racist :lol: yeah right.

Please prove all jews are citizens of israel.............

What generally happens in the US when unpopular sentiments are expressed by some group, there are a like number or more there with the opposite view. This leads to a shouting match of massive proportions and often violence. Whereupon, the cops show up with a bunch of Paddy Wagons and haul some off to jail, not for ecpressing their views but for disorder. It doesn't sound like anybody tried to silence these jokers over there.

Are you for real??? So if a guy/girl came along with a view that i dont know lets just say for arguements sake its ok to have kill non british people because they wernt born here.

you would allow them views to be aired in public because of freedom of speech

come off it! !!!!

Depends how they said it. If they were just expressing their view then I would say that's OK. If they were actively inciting people to go and kill foreigners then that would be an offence.

Perhaps if you could provide evidence of anywhere I have suggested that?

Of course, folk can be British regardless of religion, it's more to do with the values one subscribes to imo. What you posted to Jew Boy is absurd as me saying to you "they're not your boys, your boys are the Taliban". :)

maybe you taken it out of context as my question to Jew Boy was a light hearted quip with an appropriate emoticon to imply it was not a serious question. Now decided to jump in with your own attribution to me of what my question is upposed to mean. Having read many of your posts over the past few weeks I have no doubt you are anti Muslims and rarely miss a chance to involve yourself along with the ani-Islam crowd, so it is surprising you still asking for evidence as though you are incapable of suggesting such a thing. There is enough evidence of your anti Islam posting but I don't have time to trawl through at the mo.

Maybe Jew Boy can confirm if every Jew born anywhere, providing is registered as a Jewish child is then given automatic right to Israeli citizenship?

Maybe Jew Boy can confirm if every Jew born anywhere, providing is registered as a Jewish child is then given automatic right to Israeli citizenship?

I can confirm that this is indeed the case, in accordance with Israel's 'law of return' (as distinct from the de facto law of non-return for Palestinians).

maybe you taken it out of context as my question to Jew Boy was a light hearted quip with an appropriate emoticon to imply it was not a serious question. Now decided to jump in with your own attribution to me of what my question is upposed to mean. Having read many of your posts over the past few weeks I have no doubt you are anti Muslims and rarely miss a chance to involve yourself along with the ani-Islam crowd, so it is surprising you still asking for evidence as though you are incapable of suggesting such a thing. There is enough evidence of your anti Islam posting but I don't have time to trawl through at the mo.

Im afraid i could'nt possibly consider a conversation with somone who is obviously so anti-jewish.

Depends how they said it. If they were just expressing their view then I would say that's OK. If they were actively inciting people to go and kill foreigners then that would be an offence.

So if someone approached your mother,wife,daughter etc:Shouting vile sexual abuse,would you say,"ok pal,free speech n all that.:loopy:"

Its quite sad when you think about it. I do my best to get on with everyone. We are all gods creations after all but some people seem intent on causing hurt to others.

Peace and love to you friend :)

It is indeed very sad that instead of answering a simple factual question you feel insulted enough to go diverting the topic. If you are genuine about doing your best about getting on with people then please be kind enough to point out which part of my question you find hurtful?

If you are unaware as I feel this is not possible but if in the unlikely event that you are unaware of the policy of every Jew having the right to Israeli citizenship then here is a link to the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs website where it clearly states that

Acquisition of Nationality according to the Law of Return

On the establishment of the State, its founders proclaimed "...the renewal of the Jewish State in the Land of Israel, which would open wide the gates of the homeland to every Jew...." In pursuance of this tenet, the State of Israel has absorbed survivors of the Holocaust, refugees from the countries in which they had resided, as well as many thousands of Jews who came to settle in Israel of their own volition.

The Law of Return (1950) grants every Jew, wherever he or she may be, the right to come to Israel as an oleh (a Jew immigrating to Israel) and become an Israeli citizen.

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/MFAArchive/2000_2009/2001/8/Acquisition%20of%20Israeli%20Nationality

crocadial tears comes to mind:roll:

Archived