Car insurance increase

My Car in insurance has gone up by nearly £100 quid this year and I havent made a claim.

Whats that all about?

Its the same car, same people driving, same miles, same place kept overnight the only thing that has changed is the value of the car because of obvious depreciation but surely that should lower the price. They have also whacked up the excess so that should also reduce the price. they mention the following issues of why the premium has gone up:

Injury claims compensation is increasing.

Increasing medical costs.

Fewer cars are repairable.

Parts are more expensive.

At this time of cuts and saving you would have thought these insurers would have been looking at keeping hold of people in my situation (10yrs no claims)

Rant over:rant:

It's legalised robbery, everyone's in pretty much the same boat as you. The only thing you can do is run your details through as many comparison sites as you can - you're bound to get a cheaper quote than the renewal price from your existing company, although it'll still be a lot higher than you paid last time...

It's legalised robbery, everyone's in pretty much the same boat as you. The only thing you can do is run your details through as many comparison sites as you can - you're bound to get a cheaper quote than the renewal price from your existing company, although it'll still be a lot higher than you paid last time...

The Meercat & Tashy opera singer sites are getting a bashing as I type:hihi:

At this time of cuts and saving you would have thought these insurers would have been looking at keeping hold of people in my situation (10yrs no claims)

Agreed, those sonsabitches who claim to quote you happy jacked up my insurance quote by £300! I told them I could get a better deal elsewhere, and they reduced the quote by £500!

Actually they didn't, in fact they said I should go elsewhere!! So I did!!!

x x x

Agreed, those sonsabitches who claim to quote you happy jacked up my insurance quote by £300! I told them I could get a better deal elsewhere, and they reduced the quote by £500!

Actually they didn't, in fact they said I should go elsewhere!! So I did!!!

x x x

It amazes me why these people dont make a big thing about customer longevity, but I suppose it's easy come, easy go nowerdays!

Just speak to them and tell them you're expecting your new premium to come down after another year of no claims bonus, not up, then dismiss the excuse they will come up with and nicely explain that you're being forced to take your custom elsewhere. That should bring it down - works fine for me. Good luck!

It amazes me why these people dont make a big thing about customer longevity, but I suppose it's easy come, easy go nowerdays!

Yes, the thought has crossed my mind many times, you'd think they'd actively be seeking safer drivers. What concerns me though is that quotes from all major insurers are all around the same amount, so you're not saving that much!

The reasons they give are unfortunately true. More people driving round uninsured due to having less money (laid off, been made redundant, general thug etc) pushing the costs up for those of us who do pay. More of these fake compo claims where people already have their paperwork and insurance details ready to give you if you go into the back of them. A lot of people I have spoken to are in the same situation, nothing has changed in their circumstances in a year but their premiums have shot up. Another case of honest people paying for criminals and those not prepared to pay their way.

My insurance has also gone up by nearly a hundred quid, despite not having a claim and turning 50!!

A good tip for keeping the cost down is to register with quidco (http://www.quidco.co.uk), find the cheapest insurer by using a comparison site, and check which insurers offer the best cash back. Last year I got £45 quid back for taking a policy out with Aviva so it does pay

Archived