Horse Poo ,what do you do.

Faeces is still faeces at the end of the day, its never going to be hygienic. I agree with the OP that if its on the public road, it needs to be cleaned up. What gets me is the fact the police can let their horses poo on the road, but if a dog were to leave a mess, we risk a fine! One rule for them, another for the rest of us.

Faeces is still faeces at the end of the day

In the loosest possible terms. They both come out of the back end, beyond that there isn't really any comparison.

its never going to be hygienic.

Neither is everything else on the road. Roads aren't hygenic.

What gets me is the fact the police can let their horses poo on the road, but if a dog were to leave a mess, we risk a fine! One rule for them, another for the rest of us.

Except it isn't, because a horse isn't a dog.

Get yourself a horse and let it crap on the road and you will be fine. It's *exactly* the same rule for you as it is for them!

• 8 months later...

Whilst on my way to the football match the other day a Police horse had a big no. 2 right in the middle of the road, the mounted Policemen made no attempt to clean the horse excrement.

Whilst I see the problems with getting off the horse to clean it up when Policing football matches or other similar large gatherings, surely some attempt or device should be in place to collect the poo? Maybe radio in for another officer to clean it up? Or maybe their horses could wear nappies?

If it was a dog doing it in the middle of the road though surely we would get a fine for it if it was not picked up so why do the police not have to with their horses

One rule for one and all that

Same with parking illegaly, speeding and a few other things too.

If it was a dog doing it in the middle of the road though surely we would get a fine for it if it was not picked up so why do the police not have to with their horses

One rule for one and all that

because dog poo is hazardous to human health whereas chewed up grass isn't.

Archived