Help Mother in Law from Hell

What an awful situation, I feel for you. I'd have a word with your partner and then speak to your mother-in-law and ask her nicely to mind her own. She is a guest in your home after all. Even having my in-laws in situ for a matter of weeks is horrendous.

Good luck.

I have tried that and it works for a week then it goes back to normal, she has been here 5 years and the site of the hole has been identified, but the wife will not let me dig it

I am between 2 idea's 1 to dig a 6ft hole in the ground, 2 try and buy an electric chair.

My mother in law lives with us and has for the past 5 years, tensions are runing high, I come home from work and she is there checking where I have been. I formed my own company and created a study as an office with a dry white board which I display my daily appointments on, sometimes clients ring me on the mobile while I am out and change the appointment so when I come home I ammend. As I spend quite a lot of time at home writing reports I am been told by Gondzila (mother in law) what are you doing at home you are supposed to be at XY or Z.

Any advice that is not as severe of my solutions and the way I feel. this is causing a strain in my marrage of 35 years.

Thanks any advice.

Thanks

lock her in a cupboard

You have my full sympathy..

The father in law lives with us and he needs to know everything.. Where we are going, what we're doing, etc etc..

I daren't leave anything private where he can get his hand on it as I know he will go rummaging..

No-one who is not in this situation will ever understand how bad it really is and how much of a strain it can be on day to day life with your hubs and kids.. (mine are still at home)

It can seriously drive you insane!!

Unfortuntely I don't have any solutions, but I am going to watch this thread with great interest in case anyone does come up with any good ideas.. :)

The sound of an electric chair for £25 sounds a fantastic idea.. :D

E-lectrican.. When can you come round here and install it ?? :D

Thanks for that it is good to hear from someone who has been in that situation.

Thank You

Thanks for that it is good to hear from someone who has been in that situation.

Thank You

Hey, no worries.. :D

What does your wife say about it all ??

I've tried to talk to the other half about it, but get absolutlely no-where.. He turns a deaf ear and quickly changes the subject.. Totally pointless..

I know how bad things can get, and have on many occasion thought about giving my other half the ultimatum of either me and the kids, or his dad, but I daren't because I know what the answer would be.. We'd be gone I'm sure..

I hope for your sake this isn't the same for you..xx

Does she meddle in everyone's business, or just yours? Mom needs to understand that you are a grown person and perfectly capable of running your own life without her assistance. If polite but firm requests to keep out of your office don't work, then lock the door and keep it locked. If she says anything about it, ask her why she needs to go in there. (She doesn't) Good luck to you. :)

Thanks for the advice as all of you, but today just crowned it I had an appointment at 11.00 at home the guy was 10 mins early she answered the door with the greating " who are you and what do you want" fortunatly he took the funny side.

I have deliverys to the house, which I have to explain is remote area a mile from the main road they are put in the shed and I find them days later, when I ask for the paperwork all I get is it went in the shredder.

It is like Faulty Towers here. I need that chair

I am between 2 idea's 1 to dig a 6ft hole in the ground, 2 try and buy an electric chair.

My mother in law lives with us and has for the past 5 years, tensions are runing high, I come home from work and she is there checking where I have been. I formed my own company and created a study as an office with a dry white board which I display my daily appointments on, sometimes clients ring me on the mobile while I am out and change the appointment so when I come home I ammend. As I spend quite a lot of time at home writing reports I am been told by Gondzila (mother in law) what are you doing at home you are supposed to be at XY or Z.

Any advice that is not as severe of my solutions and the way I feel. this is causing a strain in my marrage of 35 years.

Thanks any advice.

Thanks

Make her a member of SF, then she can chat with me on here.:roll:

Does she meddle in everyone's business, or just yours? Mom needs to understand that you are a grown person and perfectly capable of running your own life without her assistance. If polite but firm requests to keep out of your office don't work, then lock the door and keep it locked. If she says anything about it, ask her why she needs to go in there. (She doesn't) Good luck to you. :)

Yes she does she used to go to church and the old lady's club, even those people dont want to know her. She has a bus pass and the drivers cringe when she is a passenger, on occasions I fly from Inverness Airport to the Islands and as I oly live 3 miles from the airport a catch a local Taxi, when I get comments like is that where the mad women lives I try and crawl in my case.

So not all is rosey and thanks for post it meens a lot

Archived