Are you a xenophile?

I look at other cultures as very interesting. I look at my own in the same way, as there is so much I don't know in the same way I don't know about my own.

I'm not culture concious, although I am aware that without the mixture this country would be so bland, as would any other. Without the mixture I would be gone, partly because of my curiosity.

It just doesn't interest me that much.

Anyway, what is culture? Clothes? Couldn't care less. If you want to dress in a badly designed continental quilt with a tea cosy on your head, well diddly dee.. Food? Couldn't care less where the food comes from and how its cooked. Language? If you don't speak English I'm not that bothered about talking to you. Traditions? If you have six wives and got married on an elephant well that's good, but I don't want to see the wedding photos. Religion? If you spend half your life on your hands and knees grovelling at the feet of a man who lives in the clouds and who's dressed in a nighty, well, that's just silly....:D

Anyway, what is culture? Clothes? Couldn't care less. If you want to dress in a badly designed continental quilt with a tea cosy on your head, well diddly dee.. Food? Couldn't care less where the food comes from and how its cooked. Language? If you don't speak English I'm not that bothered about talking to you. Traditions? If you have six wives and got married on an elephant well that's good, but I don't want to see the wedding photos. Religion? If you spend half your life on your hands and knees grovelling at the feet of a man who lives in the clouds and who's dressed in a nighty, well, that's just silly....:D

I love this 'old man in a bubble' attitude, I think it's true of a lot of Sheffielders!

I love this 'old man in a bubble' attitude, I think it's true of a lot of Sheffielders!

Its honest though. I like visiting other countries and savouring the food but don't really want to get involved in all the other stuff, I don't care, it bores me. So do discussions about Education Standards. They're important but they bore me to tears....:D

Fair comment and good on ya, but understanding culture doesn't mean being tainted by it. It's one of the main reasons I holiday abroad, otherwise I'd go to Mablethorpe every year with my dripping butties.

Archived