Are you a xenophile?

This applies for any country... But by putting others cultures equal and greater then their own, doesn't that erode the indigenous culture?
I can see it could if a significant proportion of the population put others' culture above ours.

Ours has been mostly usurped by American (contemporary) culture anyway.

I can see it could if a significant proportion of the population put others' culture above ours.

Ours has been mostly usurped by American (contemporary) culture anyway.

We've been doing that for centuries, swapping that is. American contemporary culture is a lazy culture partly, as is contemporary England, so no surprise really.

This applies for any country... But by putting others cultures equal and greater then their own, doesn't that erode the indigenous culture?

Do you have an example in mind? It might help me to understand your point.

Can you point to an example where "indigenous" British culture has been eroded by other cultures?

I'm sat in an Italian suit at a Scandinavian desk using a computer produced in Asia, listening to music being sung by an American eating tuna that was caught somewhere near the Seychelles. When I'm done, I'll get into my German car and go home, eat something Indian then go to sleep snuggly in my Egyptian cotton bedding. I've got more foreign culture in my life than Angelina Jolie has foreign kids!

Foreign produced consumer goods perhaps, you seem unable to discern the difference between a BMW and Wagner !

Archived