Are you a xenophile?

Now I'm properly confused:D

When did Native American culture usurp British culture?

We all wore clogs and hit each other with bladders on sticks until the seventeenth century when we were all transfixed by Pocahontas, and the ideal of the noble savage, imported from the US.

The enlightenment was a direct result of a native american subversion of our culture.

We all wore clogs and hit each other with bladders on sticks until the seventeenth century when we were all transfixed by Pocahontas, and the ideal of the noble savage, imported from the US.

The enlightenment was a direct result of a native american subversion of our culture.

I think I would have preferred Native American culture to the rampant consumerist American culture, which has certainly transformed our society.

Navajo, or MaccyDo's. I know which I prefer.:)

I think I would have preferred Native American culture to the rampant consumerist American culture, which has certainly transformed our society.

Navajo, or MaccyDo's. I know which I prefer.:)

What smoke signals or telephone?

Yes Bell may have been born in Scotland, but...

I did read, I quoted no one. I made a statement based on how cultures can be effected by others. The native American being one.

If you have a little look back, you quoted this post:

Do you have an example in mind? It might help me to understand your point.

Can you point to an example where "indigenous" British culture has been eroded by other cultures?

Which is why I asked the question I did.

If you have a little look back, you quoted this post:

Which is why I asked the question I did.

You can ask me to clarify on any issue you may chose but when you follow with,...

"Why haven't you elaborated on how Native Americans eroded British culture?"

in a 'spit the dummy out' impatient fashion, when I'd already replied to sibon within a perfectly reasonable time-frame considering I was setting a table, making a phone call and juggling 3 children. I apologise for not devoting my time to you fully.

You can ask me to clarify on any issue you may chose but when you follow with,...

"Why haven't you elaborated on how Native Americans eroded British culture?"

in a 'spit the dummy out' impatient fashion, when I'd already replied to sibon within a perfectly reasonable time-frame considering I was setting a table, making a phone call and juggling 3 children. I apologise for not devoting my time to you fully.

Actually I asked you that after you have posted an unrelated reply, you really need to start looking back before you say things.

Archived