The Shapla restaurant

bhunaboy

Always raved about this place having been going there for 20 odd years. not been in over 2 years due to being a mature student and totally skint. went tonight and had a fantastic welcome and was shocked that they even remembered my name (and the fact my dad is an upholsterer!!!). however,, it means nothing if the food isn't any good.

my god. the food was AMAZING. King Prawn methi, egg rice and garlic naan all washed down with a pint of cobra. absolutely awesome, so many different flavours and soooo nice to be able to taste FRESH ingredients. seriously, if you love curry and you aint been, GO!

best in shef? well, i aint been to em all but i've never been to one that was as good as that.

:love:

Always raved about this place having been going there for 20 odd years. not been in over 2 years due to being a mature student and totally skint. went tonight and had a fantastic welcome and was shocked that they even remembered my name (and the fact my dad is an upholsterer!!!). however,, it means nothing if the food isn't any good.

my god. the food was AMAZING. King Prawn methi, egg rice and garlic naan all washed down with a pint of cobra. absolutely awesome, so many different flavours and soooo nice to be able to taste FRESH ingredients. seriously, if you love curry and you aint been, GO!

best in shef? well, i aint been to em all but i've never been to one that was as good as that.

I also go in this place after being recommended by someone on SF. I wasnt disapointed either.:)

haha just agreed with you on another thread...and ill say again its like my second home!! not many places if any you can have starters meals and drinks for the WHOLE family and still not break 50quid tops bargain never disappointed

I went here for the first time with Hubby a week or so ago for our wedding anniversary and I thought it was fab and certainly on a par with our usual curry house in Woodseats (Dil Shad).

Food and service was excellent all round and would deffo go again...and soon!!!

:D

Archived