Rawson Springs Hillsborough

spikey123

What's this pub like?

I've been looking for a second job for nearly a month now and finally got a work trial here, I've never been in. What is the general opinion of the place?

Vile...and there is a little bloke as one of the managers who is a jumped up little Hitler.....but hey enjoy the experience. :)

I can see I'm not going to get much help here then. I was after the type of people that go in there more than anything, I'm not too bothered if others are too fussy to work there.

It's just I went into Bankers for my interview and wondered if the people are like the ones in there?

Yep, only not as classy!

Did you notice the grooves in the carpet from all the knuckle dragging?

I noticed a distinct smell (possibly wee) and I was amazed at the number of unemployed smelly blokes sitting in a pub at 1 in the afternoon.

The Rawson is a very busy pub. During the day it is a magnet for principally retired people who go in for cheap ale and cheap food. It does a bustling lunchtime trade and alot of hot food orders.

There is an element of 'not working' folk who seem to spend alot of time in there.

It is very busy when showing football on the 18ft wide projector screen.

What I have noticed is that they are very tight on staffing, meaning there are rarely more than three working the bar and the floor at any one time regardless of how busy it is. If you do go for a work trial there prepare to work hard because most of the time you will be rushing around like the proverbial fly with a blue bottom.

The Rawson is a very busy pub. During the day it is a magnet for principally retired people who go in for cheap ale and cheap food. It does a bustling lunchtime trade and alot of hot food orders.

There is an element of 'not working' folk who seem to spend alot of time in there.

It is very busy when showing football on the 18ft wide projector screen.

What I have noticed is that they are very tight on staffing, meaning there are rarely more than three working the bar and the floor at any one time regardless of how busy it is. If you do go for a work trial there prepare to work hard because most of the time you will be rushing around like the proverbial fly with a blue bottom.

Thank you, excellent advice!

I'm used to hard work, I used to work in a nightclub as a second job where we would have 2 or at a push 3 staff behind each bar so that doesn't bother me.

Thank you for the information on the sort of people, doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as bankers!

It's not all that bad of a pub, it's got it's fair share of idiots, and and some lovely people that goes in, most of the staff seem friendly enough and the bouncers who are employed seem to do their jobs well enough when they need too! In all honesty, it's not the nicest pub going but it's not the worse.

It always shocks me how many people are sitting in there at 9 in the morning, drinking!! I've gotta like the place, I met my OH in there nearly two years ago :D

Archived