Rawson Springs Hillsborough

spikey123

They never have enough staff serving,so the staff are harassed all the time.

The problem is people wanting coffees and meals, so those who want drinks have a long wait causing more frustration.

If it is only a trial go for it and let us know.

This type of pub always do this don't they? Limit staff numbers, maximise profits and don't care in the slightest about the service people are receiving because of the lack of staff.

it's an a-typical wetherspoons - not my first choice of pub, but it isnt a fraction as intimidating or downright unpleasant looking as any of the other pubs and bars in the main drag of hillsborough. i prefer real pubs, but this does a job for a certain time and place.

it's a barn for drinking - impersonal and open, but very cheap. i've been in with my missus for a quiet drink, mates for a cheap pint to start a long night, and i have been in with my mum, dad and toddler for a coffee and a cake, and i have never had any problems, or seen any 'vile' behaviour.

and i'm a soft southern surrey born and bred snob and a real ale bore! ;)

it's an a-typical wetherspoons - not my first choice of pub, but it isnt a fraction as intimidating or downright unpleasant looking as any of the other pubs and bars in the main drag of hillsborough. i prefer real pubs, but this does a job for a certain time and place.

it's a barn for drinking - impersonal and open, but very cheap. i've been in with my missus for a quiet drink, mates for a cheap pint to start a long night, and i have been in with my mum, dad and toddler for a coffee and a cake, and i have never had any problems, or seen any 'vile' behaviour.

and i'm a soft southern surrey born and bred snob and a real ale bore! ;)

Even better, soft southern born and bred over here too!

Sounds alright to me, if you're willing to take your kids in it can't be as 'vile' as people say.

You will find out some of the staff in The Rawson are very nice and work hard and the rest of the staff let them and eventually the good staff leave.

I must agree about Hitler I know who you mean,what it needs is a clear out of staff and some new staff who will be more interested in their work instead of watching the television.

I wouldn't go in on a Saturday night, but have been known to pop in on my own early in the evening if I have 45 minutes wait for my bus. I wouldn't do that with a lot of pubs, but there is usually a quiet corner in the snug and it's nice enough. I have never felt intimidated as a woman on my own in there.

The Rawson is OK and varies quite a lot depending on the time of day you go in. Usually a decent pint of cask ale to be had, enough for it to be in the Good Beer guide.

Week night evenings are generally fairly quiet, lots of people going in for a cheap tea or meeting up with friends. We used to have a regular Forum meet in there which still takes place, but moved over onto Facebook. The breakfasts aren't bad either.

Personally I'd avoid it after about 8:30 on a Friday and Saturday night though, especially when they get the plastic beakers out instead of glasses. :mad:

Vile...and there is a little bloke as one of the managers who is a jumped up little Hitler.....but hey enjoy the experience. :)

You did get barred though dear... :hihi:;)

But he is vile. As well as rude and indifferent. Most of the others are OK though.

Archived