Reception Venue- 3. Which would you pick?

Help!

As you will know from my postings over the last few days, I am marrying this summer.

I have had a manic week of ringing places, and I think I have narrowed it down to 3 reception venues.

I like them all for different reasons and want to know- which would you pick?

1. Netheredge Hotel- Venue available all day and for an extra £80 or so I can have it exclusively. £200 for the hire, or free if you use their catering (but I think I decided that it was too dear to use in house catering). Can bring own DJ, own catering and I think a room for the bride and groom included.

Venue pretty- some nice pics on google images for those who haven't seen it. I didn't get chance to look for long as I was rushing but the inside is nice enough. Link here- http://www.netheredgehotels.co.uk/netheredge-hotel-sheffield.asp. There are no gardens as such, think the lovely owner said a carpark out back, and in the summer beer tables out front? Anyone advise further?

Even though the venue is free all day at the same price, it means a long drawn out reception and catering for people twice, so I think I would still stick to the plan of going for pub food after the reception with family and friends (pub undecided), then onto there, bonus being can go there anytime.

2. Ski Village (White Rock Bar). Link- http://www.sheffieldskivillage.co.uk/parties-events/functions-weddings/

Again, been to see, rushed (had kids with me!). More modern feel, the room itself still pub-like, with different types of chairs from what I can tell (saw some bucket type leather looking things as well as the normal type). It has an outdoor bit with pub tables on, overlooking the slopes and city. £230 room price, again use in house catering or own, use in house DJ or own. Room and bar from 7-12.

3. City Limits... probably least likely just due to cost, but £360 room hire for Ballroom 1 which, together with the car & lounge, can hold upto 140 people, seating for about 80 I think she said? you can use outside caterers but must be reputable company, and pay £1 per head extra if do that. Or theirs- buffet statring £4.50/£5 pp. Again- use own DJ, or theirs. Room is for 5 hours so most likely 7-12 again. Not been to see this yet, from what I have read here and seen on the website, it'c modern.

Which would you choose?

Evening reception will be 100 guests (ish- give or take 20?!). I have an ex-chef mate (2 actually) who can cater for me for a good price. But they are not a company so I think option 3 out of question for using them?

HELP!! :) xx (please :hihi:)

Option 1 sounds good to me!

You have to really think about room capacities. I looked at Lees hall golf club, which in theory can hold 140, but there is very little room, wouldn't have had space to dance or anything if you had 100 guests...

If i had your 3 choices though id be inclined towards number 1 :D

The dark wood panelling and green wallpaper with blue carpets and pink curtains not decorated since 1970 feel put me off my original venue! Haha it was more a space and price thing though, i could live with any decor

I've been to the ski village place but it was a fair few yrs ago and i don't really remember much x

The ski village function room has a 300 capacity according to the site, like stars. Sounds a lot for 100 guests but they do need a bit of breathing space, kids like to run around etc.

I wouldn't really be keen to take anything with less than 200 capacity for my evening reception... Think the Mayfair room at stars, just as example. Thats 180 capacity. Can you imagine your whole evening reception in there?

Does the nether edge hotel have a dancefloor? My homely venue option didnt, you just had a small space between tables to use as one. The tables took up that much space that it just wouldn't have been big enough at all. The decor made it feel even smaller though, but i couldn't see it ever holding 140 unless they crammed in like sardines!

Good point.. there was a space at the back of the restaurant room bit, and he said they move some more tables to create more space...

Dunno where you dance in the Ski Village bit, didn;t look too much as it was being used and i was chasing the kids. But more room deffo. x

Archived