Peeling a boiled egg

Saffy

Eggs are very difficult to peel if they are too fresh, so best use ones that are a few days old at least. Also a lot of people make the mistake of keeping their eggs in the fridge, which is totally unnecessary.

They should be kept out of the fridge. You don't see supermarkets keeping them in the fridge, do you?

Eggs are very difficult to peel if they are too fresh, so best use ones that are a few days old at least. Also a lot of people make the mistake of keeping their eggs in the fridge, which is totally unnecessary.

They should be kept out of the fridge. You don't see supermarkets keeping them in the fridge, do you?

Why do you think they should be stored out of the fridge?

My fridge has an egg holder thingy in the door, so in they go.. :)

I am a caterer; I have been making egg mayo every day for years (sob!) I boil 40 eggs a day and then put them in cold water and shell them straight away while they are still hot. i suppose the shell expands with the heat then slowly contracts again whilst cooling so shell asap. Works for me.....

Why do you think they should be stored out of the fridge?

Because Delia said so :)

And they cook better from room temperature. It's also safer because if an egg is fried straight from the fridge you won't heat the yolk enough to destroy any harmful bacteria in it. Not unless you cook it until it's solid.

Eggs keep for weeks unrefrigerated, so why bother putting them in the fridge? Like I said above, you never see them refrigerated in the shops.

Because Delia said so :)

And they cook better from room temperature. It's also safer because if an egg is fried straight from the fridge you won't heat the yolk enough to destroy any harmful bacteria in it. Not unless you cook it until it's solid.

Eggs keep for weeks unrefrigerated, so why bother putting them in the fridge? Like I said above, you never see them refrigerated in the shops.

i bought some eggs a few days ago from supermarket and clearly stated on the box by the egg supplier it says KEEP REFRIGERATED so who are we to believe ? . mine are kept in the fridge and take out for half an hour before cooking . WHOSE DELIA ANYWAY ? :confused:

Archived