Trying to book a holiday.

If you're booking a package holiday it's never going to be the cheapest you can get anyway. Do the work yourself and book flights, accommodation and travel insurance separately.

true sometimes but also not true in many cases. Try walking into an all-inclusive resort off the street in the Caribbean and asking them how much they want for their rooms and the food, drinks etc for two weeks. You'll find nine times out of ten it's going to be the same or more than a package deal ex UK, even including the flights.

true sometimes but also not true in many cases. Try walking into an all-inclusive resort off the street in the Caribbean and asking them how much they want for their rooms and the food, drinks etc for two weeks. You'll find nine times out of ten it's going to be the same or more than a package deal ex UK, even including the flights.

That has nothing to do with what I said. I said booking them separately, not waiting until you get to the destination to book the accommodation (although if you're after basic accommodation that would be cheaper, obviously not the all chain places).

the big bookers have massive buying power and get usually get you better prices than somebody can independently - also when you've got three kids in tow, you might not necessarily want to head to the bus station all on the back of a motorbike and take the bus.

the big bookers have massive buying power and get usually get you better prices than somebody can independently - also when you've got three kids in tow, you might not necessarily want to head to the bus station all on the back of a motorbike and take the bus.

So if you book independently, you have to get the bus? I didn't notice the OP mention their 3 kids.

Flights and hotel rooms are frequently re-released due to cancellations at discount prices and anyone can buy those.

They may have buying power, but they also add on a large chunk for themselves.

on the beach is a good holiday website

last week i got a all inclusive in sunny beach for 80 pounds the flight cost me 220 :) but for me its a bargain as im going on my own

thomas cook are good for holidays from time to time avoid thomson as they are overpriced

but it all depends where you want to go

i found this last year.. the year before I'd booked completely with teletext- let them book all of it- and it was way more than the advertised price.

last year, when I called I asked them who the flights were with, who the hotel was etc .. and thanked them for their time- then booked it with the different companies direct myself, and travel insurance from my bank. saved a fortune

So if you book independently, you have to get the bus? I didn't notice the OP mention their 3 kids.

Flights and hotel rooms are frequently re-released due to cancellations at discount prices and anyone can buy those.

They may have buying power, but they also add on a large chunk for themselves.

Ive booked independently before and managed to get a coach to drop us off to and from the hotel without it costing an arm and a leg.

http://www.airporttransfers.co.uk/

Ive booked independently before and managed to get a coach to drop us off to and from the hotel without it costing an arm and a leg.

http://www.airporttransfers.co.uk/

Thanks for thank I'm going to give it a go.

I just booked 2 weeks in Morocco £166 each, flights and accommodation rather than the £284 per person per week package deals.

Even after the train fares from Marrakesh to Fez and daily expenses it'll be cheaper than a package deal.

Thanks for thank I'm going to give it a go.

I just booked 2 weeks in Morocco £166 each, flights and accommodation rather than the £284 per person per week package deals.

Even after the train fares from Marrakesh to Fez and daily expenses it'll be cheaper than a package deal.

Do you lose any sort of monetary protection by booking this way..eg. if the airline/hotel goes bust?

Archived