Why do the modern generation use the "F" word?

Nothing whatsoever to do with the 'modern generation.' Swearing has a long and illustrious history in speech and literature. Check out Chaucer, Shakespeare and the Earl of Rochester...

I think Martin Amis makes an eloquent defence of swearing in one of his books, too.

I bloody love swearing, me.

Because it releases tension (it's a medical fact). :D

I always if swear (because it was needed at the time) apologise to my mum or dad or who is around me, then i explain, it releases the anger inside.

To be honest it does, is this because its not allowed, or they are naughty words????, so is that correct shaz?? its a medical fact, would rather swear than hit out, :huh::confused: ??

I always if swear (because it was needed at the time) apologise to my mum or dad or who is around me, then i explain, it releases the anger inside.

To be honest it does, is this because its not allowed, or they are naughty words????, so is that correct shaz?? its a medical fact, would rather swear than hit out, :huh::confused: ??

I'm sure I read an article or something where it said it helped to release stress and frustration but I can't remember where; it was quite a while ago but I'll look into it. It certainly feels like it to me anyway. A good shouting swearing rant when there's no-one else around usually makes me feel a little better. :hihi:

Archived