What was the last thing you bought on Ebay?

If you buy anything on ebay the money you send is held within the paypal system until you receive your goods. Once you receive your goods you simply click on 'goods received' and the funds are released to the seller. I have never bought anything though only sold but I am considering putting in a bid for the old ladies handbag which was used to beat off those armed raiders. Ive read that she is putting the bag up for auction and proceeds will be going to charity.

I wonder if it will be on sale with or without brick:D

If you buy anything on ebay the money you send is held within the paypal system until you receive your goods. Once you receive your goods you simply click on 'goods received' and the funds are released to the seller. I have never bought anything though only sold but I am considering putting in a bid for the old ladies handbag which was used to beat off those armed raiders. Ive read that she is putting the bag up for auction and proceeds will be going to charity.

I've bought lots of things and paid via paypal and it doesn't work like you have explained at all. The funds are taken directly from you at the time of paying via paypal and refunded if you return the item! I have never clicked on 'goods received'.

I've bought lots of things and paid via paypal and it doesn't work like you have explained at all. The funds are taken directly from you at the time of paying via paypal and refunded if you return the item! I have never clicked on 'goods received'.

Well my account has a 'goods received' tab. Maybe with me not having any experience of buying anything I could be wrong then. I was always under the impression paypal held onto funds until both parties were happy.

Well my account has a 'goods received' tab. Maybe with me not having any experience of buying anything I could be wrong then. I was always under the impression paypal held onto funds until both parties were happy.

No I can assure you that the funds are taken immediately :)

Nah, no 'goods received' button. It's actually the other way around - the seller does not release the goods until payment is received. I've been ripped off by a seller before in that they took my money and never sent the item. If they clear their Paypal account of funds, Paypal then cannot reclaim the money to refund the buyer, as happened in my case; I won my Paypal dispute but was informed that they were unable to recover the money but that as soon as the seller received any money into his account it would be transferred to me... the dirty rotten toerag just closed his account and kept the money. I left neg feedback and it turns out about another 10 people left the same neg feedback all on the same day as me. SCAMMER. :rant:

Archived