What was the last thing you bought on Ebay?

have bought loadsa stuff over the years, never had any problems, last purchase was a (new) porta potti for our caravan, reasonably priced, acceptable post and packing charge, item delivered within a couple of days.

i always pay via 'pay-pal' as you do get some protection if a purchase doe's go wrong, i.e not as advertised, or recieved etc etc.

there is an option to add your bank details to your profile to 'validate' your account but i don't like the idea of such a site having that info on file so have never given it

Im always buying on ebay.

Last thing was some wedding invites.

When you pay by paypal, if the item is not received, you open an ebay dispute and get a refund if the seller has no proof of delivery, ie recorded post signature. Proof of postage is no good, it needs to show delivery to you.

This obviously leaves it easily open to scams. If the item is low value, most sellers don't send recorded, and then even if an item is received, the buyer can claim a refund.

I just hope ebay takes note of which buyers do this, and that the sellers get onto royal mail each time so that scamming addresses are highlighted!

I should add, I've used ebay since 2005, and amassed over 20,000 feedback over 4 accounts (buying and selling) and as a buyer I've had very few problems. Items not received are resent usually immediately uf possible, or refunds given without question if not.

I bought a tag for the dogs collar last week, 99p, engraved on both sides, but it arrived with only one side engraved. I got a no questions asked replacement the next morning.

Archived