Travelling - Where have you been?

I was in Singapore last month and was a good little visit now they have also opened the new Universal Studio on Sentosa Island. 3-5 days in Singapore is long enough time and yes it is quite hot over there.

Sounds excellent I didn't know that'd been opened. I'll add it to the list, thank you for that bit of advice I didn't know how long to spend there.

I do like travelling overseas and have been to quite a few places. I have travelled to France, Spain, Sweden, Holland, Czech Republic, Russia, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Belgium, USA, Canada, Tunisia, Australia, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand and probably have missed some other places. Plans for this year is hoping to be Toronto which I have already been 3 times previously and maybe Toyko.

Best destination remains to be New York. Absolutely loved the city and been there 3 times in the last 4 years. Loved the hustle and bustle of the place. Don't think I would like to live there though. Cities that I would consider living in probably be Melbourne or Toronto. Both of those cities are very pleasant to stay in.

Sounds excellent I didn't know that'd been opened. I'll add it to the list, thank you for that bit of advice I didn't know how long to spend there.

When I was there in early January it was still a soft opening of Universal Studio. It is not a very big place at all and it could be done in half a day. Do try the night safari too.

Did Singapore 1963 to 1965....Very hot and humid. Didn't mind the heat but the humidity got me down a bit.

Japan 1992 but just for the fortnight....for a wedding mainly.

Very interesting experience but wouldn't want to live there......

Spain, France (Mediterranean, Forez, Jura, Aquitaine, Normandy, Parisii, Nord, Picardy), Switzerland (Leman Lake, Geneva), Belgium, Germany, Denmark (Sjeland, Helsingor, Copenhagen), Sweden, Norway, Isle of Man, Wales (South [Valleys], West [Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion], North [Anglesey, Conwy] and Mid [Powys, Aberystwyth, Brecons]), Scotland, USA (California, Oregon, Hawaii, New York), Mexico, Canadia (Quebec, Ontario, British Columbia). I forget some..

The best? All of them, they're all good for a reason and bad for others.

3-5 days is enough for a tourist, it's only a small island albeit one of the most crowded places on earth. The big nation states nearby, well it's months, not days all of a sudden provided you want to learn anything about them.

My next trip includes three 'legs' first overland through Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Africa, then onto Thailand and overland through Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore.

Then onto Australia with a working holiday visa.

Anyone any tips on these countries in general?

you'll need at least a year to get the measure of all those and that's before you get to Oz.

I've been to all of those except Vietnam and Kenya. And I got the measure of the Vietnamese and the Kenyans in the neighboring countries. So don't worry too much. It's the people, not the places.

Archived