Woodcocks sweet shop in Ecclesfield

beamer

Yes of course I can remember it !Mr and Mrs Woodcock and John and Geoff.Geoff looked very much like his Dad.

Can remember the bottles of Barrs pop that used to be kept in wire racks beneath the window, and the sherberts and Lem fizzes that used to be on show behind the counter I can see that shop as if It was here now as can my sister and my nephews who used to live across the road from the shop /square.

Yes of course I can remember it !Mr and Mrs Woodcock and John and Geoff.Geoff looked very much like his Dad.

Can remember the bottles of Barrs pop that used to be kept in wire racks beneath the window, and the sherberts and Lem fizzes that used to be on show behind the counter I can see that shop as if It was here now as can my sister and my nephews who used to live across the road from the shop /square.

Mr Woodcock senior was at one time, a speedway rider.

Sweet Shop ??

He sold everything..... whatever you went in for, he would find from somewhere "in the back"

I remember we used to take old pop bottles back there for the deposit on them. Can't remember how much we got back on each of them though, think it was about a bob, but that seems a lot now.

Any help anyone?

Sweet Shop ??

He sold everything..... whatever you went in for, he would find from somewhere "in the back"

I remember we used to take old pop bottles back there for the deposit on them. Can't remember how much we got back on each of them though, think it was about a bob, but that seems a lot now.

Any help anyone?

i use to get 2 bob back in the 80s, little did mrs woodcock know that i did a part time job after school delivering pop & use to nick the emptys & cash them in with her

Archived