Springhead park school rothwell leeds

hollyberry

Hi my name was Ann stones , i was in spring head park aprovel school in Rothwell in1979 till 1982.can any one remember me .I remember Mrs sunnar mr leech. Girls i can remember. Jane .Tracey. Fiona. Belinda. I hated it there

---------- Post added 12-03-2018 at 12:35 ----------

Hi my name was Ann stones. I was in spring head park aprovel school in Rothwell 1974 TILL 1982.it was a living hell

• 11 months later...

Hi  Anne worthington i was there from from1975 till about 77 remember miss sunner and her mom 

i hated it apart from the grounds and a couple of staff miss causier was lovely 

I spent a lot of time running away to be honest 

Edited by Anne N Leash
Forgot to put my name

• 6 months later...

Hi having just come across this post,thought I'd comment. My name is Janette (jan) Browne ,I was at Springhead 79/80. I hated it there and rang off twice and spent some time in the unit for it. I will always remember miss summer & her mother, Mr leach,Mrs woodward and the least favourite staff. My favourites were Mrs Jenkins and Mrs Causier. I remember Dawn Stead, Tatiana Low,Rebecca Roberts and Salina Korim x

• 1 year later...
On 16/06/2014 at 08:03, jlowe8484 said:

Hi IN what capacity did you know them ? I have met one now living at Norton, Sheffield. I live in Chesterfield. I have tried to unravel the opwnership and to look for girls who were there. It seems very clositted

On 03/11/2014 at 14:55, beevereileen said:

My names Eileen Roberts (nee Beevers) and i lived at Springhead Park from about 1977 and i have fond memories of my time there. I recently came into touch with Linzy Mallinson from Halifax and from there im now in touch with Carole Byrne from Scarbrough. f anyone remembers us please find us on here or facebook. Linzy s now known as Linzy Rhodes

Hi did you go to a club when you ran away and was sick

On 16/06/2014 at 08:03, jlowe8484 said:

Hi IN what capacity did you know them ? I have met one now living at Norton, Sheffield. I live in Chesterfield. I have tried to unravel the opwnership and to look for girls who were there. It seems very clositted

Abby  did you have red hair?

On 22/10/2014 at 18:58, jlowe8484 said:

Yes I remember it was called GAP. Zenet, Myah, then i remember faces not names ! Sue from Birmingham, Granny Seger is still going. Shaw face, Jinks and Old Picker !

Shawface,Hopkins,john Flynn,jinks,,caustier,picker,summer,  us girls broke into a cupboard that had bra,s😂😂😂😂loads of girls I remember, still have photo,s just not great with names,2 lisa,s bev,Eileen, chuffy,naz,Kim,,janette,nicola,mags,susan,janine,julie

Edited by Deets

• 2 months later...
On 05/12/2016 at 15:47, Izzyjack said:

Hi I was there in the 70s, not a good experience. I remember Judy name , also Karen from Ripon, Margaret from Cumbria , a Canadian girl , I think called heather...I remember Jinks ...and many others. Came across this by chance. Would be interesting to know more. .

Hiya, i just looked springhead park up online. Don't know why but i was thinking about my old days. I was there '72-'74. Heather was in my dorm and miss summers were in the flat at end of corridor. I don't remember much about it but when i was there, mr leach was swimming teacher and on tuesday evening some of us went to wakefield baths and to leeds olympic baths on saturday. Miss picker was ok to me but you couldn't get too close because she had terrible b.o. I'm trying to think of some of the girls but at moment only a few come to mind. Helen from grimsby, janette basset, caroline leslie, christine gleeson. I'm sure i'll remember more when it's not late at night. (Getting old lol). Hope all of you are doing ok with virus continuing to make peoples lives miserable. Just remembered couple other girls, maureen dewsbury and pamela henderson

Edited by Lynn rickards
Remembered 2 other girls

• 3 months later...
On 12/02/2021 at 23:10, Lynn rickards said:

Hiya, i just looked springhead park up online. Don't know why but i was thinking about my old days. I was there '72-'74. Heather was in my dorm and miss summers were in the flat at end of corridor. I don't remember much about it but when i was there, mr leach was swimming teacher and on tuesday evening some of us went to wakefield baths and to leeds olympic baths on saturday. Miss picker was ok to me but you couldn't get too close because she had terrible b.o. I'm trying to think of some of the girls but at moment only a few come to mind. Helen from grimsby, janette basset, caroline leslie, christine gleeson. I'm sure i'll remember more when it's not late at night. (Getting old lol). Hope all of you are doing ok with virus continuing to make peoples lives miserable. Just remembered couple other girls, maureen dewsbury and pamela henderson

hi i was there from about 1974 to 77  i remember angela  maxine  linda i remember going to see david essex in concert and that weeks hol in the cottage in the niddle of the wood with no electric and sleeping bags on mattress on floor 

• 3 months later...

I was at Springhead Park from 74 to 78, remember a few names, Angie Camplin, Mandy Rosik, Caroline Whiskers. Miss Shaw, Mr Barnfather and fave teacher Mrs Stott who taught art, some good  memories, loved the cottage hols near Ripon and the Christmas hike, some bad memories too, seems like yesterday can't believe its 40 odd years ago 

• 8 months later...

hi my names lorraine i was at springhead from 74/75 to 77 i remember angela camplin a girl called maxine cant remember last name remember chritmas hike cottage in ripon with no electricity the horrible green wraps for cleaning scrubbing floors with wire wool washing windows with newspaper 

Edited by loz