Was it City Grammar

inessex

I am coming to Sheffield at the end of the week and staying in the Leopold Hotel. Got to thinking about it’s previous life as a school. Did anyone go there? In the 60s I went to Abbeydale Boys. Had fiends at King Edwards, High Stores, Abbeydale Girls, Grange Grammar, King Egbert’s, Jordanthorpe, De La Sal. but never knew anybody from City.

I went to City Grammar on Leopold Street from around 1956 to 1961. I believe it was the only co-ed grammar school in Sheffield at the time.

I haven't found many fellow students mentioned on the forum. Among my friends were Linda Walker, Anne Nicholson and Leslie Donn. I wonder if any of them still around in Sheffield.

I left Sheffield - and England - in 1974 but have visited regularly, especially the last few years, and was thrilled to accidentally find the Forum last year.

The hotel was the former education offices The City Grammer was on the left hand side on Holly Street.

The values at that school formed you for life.If only the moral values and respect for other people could be part of school education now we would not have the fuerile wasters roaming our streets.

I went to City Grammar on Leopold Street from around 1956 to 1961. I believe it was the only co-ed grammar school in Sheffield at the time.

I haven't found many fellow students mentioned on the forum. Among my friends were Linda Walker, Anne Nicholson and Leslie Donn. I wonder if any of them still around in Sheffield.

I left Sheffield - and England - in 1974 but have visited regularly, especially the last few years, and was thrilled to accidentally find the Forum last year.

Have a look here.

http://www.omnesamici.co.uk/

Archived