Disobeying orders.

How can you give a dead man a fair trial?

How can the dead man cross-examine witnesses?

There is obviously a man who said he disobeyed an order and it was said on the news, by the same token, how do you give a dased man a medal.

But who said that the deceased man was goingto be court-martialled? Did it say that on the news? Which news?

As for awarding a medal posthumously, why not? The medal is a recognition, on behalf of the country, of his service. He's hardly likely to refuse it.

His estate (parents, wife, children) could refuse the medal ... but would they wish to dishonour his memory? - I doubt it.

But who said that the deceased man was goingto be court-martialled? Did it say that on the news? Which news?

As for awarding a medal posthumously, why not? The medal is a recognition, on behalf of the country, of his service. He's hardly likely to refuse it.

His estate (parents, wife, children) could refuse the medal ... but would they wish to dishonour his memory? - I doubt it.

No one said he should be court marshalled, what I said was that the man disobeyed an order, he was told not to go and rescue his injured companion but he took it upon himself to disobey the and he was killed ( I do not know what happened to the injured man at the end of the day ).

Why should he get a medal for disobeying an order, if troops can decide to ignore their superiors orders what is the military coming too when troops can please themselves.

Should the soldier who disobeyed an order to try and rescue his friend and was then killed be given a medal rather than a posthumus court marshall.

here is a link

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/around-yorkshire/local-stories/parents_praise_courage_of_comrades_after_paratrooper_died_in_rescue_bid_1_3053722

i doubt anyone will do anything but accept that what this soldier did was very brave and selfless.

its a tactic to wound one soldier and wait for thats soldiers mates to try to save him, then kill them.

we would do it, we also have drills to counter this tactic. thats what the order was probably all about. wars a filthy business.

Archived