Disobeying orders.

If his friend had been wounded by a sniper then the order not to rescue his friend would make some sense.

It's sometimes been a tactic of snipers to wound a soldier instead of killing him then wait for someone to try and rescue him. In that way you bag two right off

It was clearly something along those lines, though the report I read didn't specify exactly what.

If his friend had been wounded by a sniper then the order not to rescue his friend would make some sense.

It's sometimes been a tactic of snipers to wound a soldier instead of killing him then wait for someone to try and rescue him. In that way you bag two right off

Does anyone know the name of the other soldier who either died or was rescued later, someone must know ?.

Does anyone know the name of the other soldier who either died or was rescued later, someone must know ?.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the reason why we can't find his name is because he did in fact survive. The Army are always loth to release the names of people actively serving in Afghanistan, because if we can read about them, so can the Taleban, and nobody wants a serving soldier's parents to be getting a phone call from the Taleban saying that their son is top of their target list.

If the person that Private Bell had been trying to help when he died, had also died, that person would also have been named in the stories. Or at least, so it seems to me.

But it does give certain people the opportunity to muck rake.

Orders are given, orders should be obeyed, thats what keeps the status quo in the military,should we let the troops do what they want to do. I agree, a man in uniform is a target, a man in a turban anywhere in Afganistan can be a terrorist who knows but we all know that terrorism cannot be defeated because no one knows who they are because their uniform generally is like anyones.

Archived