Hollister online shopping

Hi i ordered some trakkies for my daughter off the Hollister online shopping website last night. The prices were in GB sterling so presumed i was buying from UK site. I was wrong it was the site in California and i was charged £20 for handling and shipping!!!! So i just want to let people know to be very careful when ordering off this site. I did manage to cancel the transaction and the only reason i ordered online is that the size my daughter wanted wasn't available in the Meadowhall store.

Hi i ordered some trakkies for my daughter off the Hollister online shopping website last night. The prices were in GB sterling so presumed i was buying from UK site. I was wrong it was the site in California and i was charged £20 for handling and shipping!!!! So i just want to let people know to be very careful when ordering off this site. I did manage to cancel the transaction and the only reason i ordered online is that the size my daughter wanted wasn't available in the Meadowhall store.

It will usually give you a prompt when you change your location from the US (site default) to the UK. At least thats what happens with Old Navy when I order.

Did you try to ask to see if the MH Hollister could order a pair of jogging pants in the correct size from another store on your behalf? A lot of stores will do that (especially American stores who only have a few locations internationally) even if you have to buy in advance of your daughter trying the pants on.

:

It will usually give you a prompt when you change your location from the US (site default) to the UK. At least thats what happens with Old Navy when I order.

Did you try to ask to see if the MH Hollister could order a pair of jogging pants in the correct size from another store on your behalf? A lot of stores will do that (especially American stores who only have a few locations internationally) even if you have to buy in advance of your daughter trying the pants on.

Hi thanks for that i will try it.:)

I looked at the Old Navy site a few weeks ago and even though it took me to the UK site, the shipping was still very steep as it was coming from the US.

I think the location changer just alters the currency.

I looked at the Old Navy site a few weeks ago and even though it took me to the UK site, the shipping was still very steep as it was coming from the US.

I think the location changer just alters the currency.

I think because in their shipping fee is the VAT on all items, not just whats exempt under a certain value (I think its all goods under £75?) as in the US theres no sales tax on items bought online (youre supposed to pay the tax when doing your yearly state tax returns)

Im just glad they finally ship here. No more using family back home as mules and having to send money via paypal

Archived