Call centre liars

Utter tosh. It is local rate. YW will make no money at all, its Vodafone/Orange etc.. making the extra on the phone call.

Plus its your own fault for not ringing from a landline.

Some useful sites:

http://www.saynoto0870.com

http://www.0800buster.com

Damo, Virgin Media like to charge a premium for 0845 numbers, and that is on a landline. If I was with Talk Talk I would get these included for free in my unlimited package, however, despite VIRGIN MEDIA CHARGING MORE THAN TALK TALK IN THE FIRST PLACE :rant: they still then charge for 0845 numbers on top of this, and think it's ok to charge about 21 p a minute, with a connection charge too!! When I complained, they told me I could pay an EXTRA :rant: £2 month to get 0845 included. No thanks, I'd rather look elsewhere. Virgin Media are taking the mick with this.

Damo, Virgin Media like to charge a premium for 0845 numbers, and that is on a landline. If I was with Talk Talk I would get these included for free in my unlimited package, however, despite VIRGIN MEDIA CHARGING MORE THAN TALK TALK IN THE FIRST PLACE :rant: they still then charge for 0845 numbers on top of this, and think it's ok to charge about 21 p a minute, with a connection charge too!! When I complained, they told me I could pay an EXTRA :rant: £2 month to get 0845 included. No thanks, I'd rather look elsewhere. Virgin Media are taking the mick with this.

thanks darth,

i did call on my landline and yes i am on virgin. last time i checked it was 18p per minute to call 0845 and there are differences between a ng1 and an ng3 call charge.

God you really are pathetic. How about you compensate me for the time spent reading your tripe.

nobody asked you to read my tripe, i asked a serious question hoping for a serious answer.

well over an hour of phone time has now been spent on my query when, if i had been told the truth in the first place, it would have been sorted in 5 mins.

it's not just about my time and expense, its about putting up a fight for all the people whose phone credit and wallets have been drained by call centre con artist scams. there are probably hundreds of such people on this forum alone.

someone has to stand up and put a stop to corporations robbing and misleading the people they are supposed to be providing a service to.

we are talking about an essential for life, a water supply for heavens sake.

i would be happy to compensate you for reading my tripe, pop your address details on here and i will gladly send you a pound or two of the best tripe in sheffield so as well as reading it, you can eat it too. now there's a deal!

you can eat it raw or cook it, but you will need water so you had better ring yorkshire water for some.

p.s. flouride anyone?

nobody asked you to read my tripe, i asked a serious question hoping for a serious answer.

well over an hour of phone time has now been spent on my query when, if i had been told the truth in the first place, it would have been sorted in 5 mins.

it's not just about my time and expense, its about putting up a fight for all the people whose phone credit and wallets have been drained by call centre con artist scams. there are probably hundreds of such people on this forum alone.

someone has to stand up and put a stop to corporations robbing and misleading the people they are supposed to be providing a service to.

we are talking about an essential for life, a water supply for heavens sake.

i would be happy to compensate you for reading my tripe, pop your address details on here and i will gladly send you a pound or two of the best tripe in sheffield so as well as reading it, you can eat it too. now there's a deal!

you can eat it raw or cook it, but you will need water so you had better ring yorkshire water for some.

p.s. flouride anyone?

Maybe a bit over the top?

What exactly are you after compensation for? Just anything that could be possible?

I used the say no to 0845 website on friday night to ring Yorkshire Water as it happens, we had a letter telling us our account was in arrears, we had the april 2010 payment missing apparently, we didnt I had the receipt in front of me the guy on the other end of the phone said he had no idea why we had that letter as he could see on the screen that the account was up to date.

I made sure I got his name and logged what time I rang, cos I have a funny feeling this wont be the last of it.

Archived