Swallownest; Aston; Dinnington; Killamarsh; Kiveton Park; North Anston..

Why has this been moved? This is the sort of thread that is definately about Sheffield, so why has a mod decided to move it?

Seems to me certain mods/admins just do things for the sake of it!

As neither place is in Sheffield -why is it relevant to Sheffield discussions.

South Anston is very good but very pricey (always has been).

North Anston is good, upgrading to very good for the band between the A57 and 'the Baulk' (Ryton Rd), i.e. the 'auld' North Anston. Pricey as well, however not as much as South Anston.

Dinnington, I'd avoid. Some nice 'pockets' here and there (mostly the newer estate near Tesco), but still way overpriced for the area.

Swallownest, I'd avoid outright (flamesuit ON :D).

I can't really speak for Kiveton and Killamarsh, as I've never lived there. Visited plenty of times, though, and they seem a bit rougher than the 'A57 corridor'. Handy for Rother Valley Park, though. There's some very nice parts to Kiveton, notably the cul-de-sac on the way up to the cemetary.

You should add Worksop to your list, just as convenient (commute time-wise) as Anston, and definitely more brick for your money than S25. No more or less safer, but more stores, amenities, etc. of course. Or Woodsetts, if you want the village feel (the infant/primary school is OFSTED-outstanding and fabulous, ours goes there - originally she went to Anston Park in North Anston, which is also OFSTED-outstanding but IMHO not as good for personal development).

And where do you live in the posh side of Anston I bet even they have places to afford.:cool:

Saying you need a flamesuit to live in swallownest is wrong has there has only been a few fires here in all my 47yrs, you give others the wrong impression. My son says that they are places not to go at night and some in the day time but I would say that anywhere you go you can get this. I agree don't go to dinnington it has always been bad and in most of the village it is the same and very over priced lack of services.:suspect:

As neither place is in Sheffield -why is it relevant to Sheffield discussions.

Yeah but I'm from Sheffield! This post has had a great response which I really aprreciate. From the sound of it North Anston is coming out as a solid winner. I have a few days of next week and a lot of house appointments so hopeuflly I'll get a feeling for the area myself.

It is a little bit daunting looking at such a massive area so any help is very appreciated!

Tom

I live on one of the newer estates in Swallownest and I really like it. The people there are all friendly with each other and I like the village feel it has, with everything in the centre. Only 10 minute drive to town and 5 minutes and your on the M1. Two big shops, chemist, library, doctors, butchers and several other little independent shops, 2 minute drive from Rother Valley Country Park.. so you can see why I enjoy living there, surely?

Yeah but I'm from Sheffield! This post has had a great response which I really aprreciate. From the sound of it North Anston is coming out as a solid winner. I have a few days of next week and a lot of house appointments so hopeuflly I'll get a feeling for the area myself.

It is a little bit daunting looking at such a massive area so any help is very appreciated!

Tom

General discussions will get the same responses based on your question i would have thought. Good look in the search.

I live on one of the newer estates in Swallownest and I really like it. The people there are all friendly with each other and I like the village feel it has, with everything in the centre. Only 10 minute drive to town and 5 minutes and your on the M1. Two big shops, chemist, library, doctors, butchers and several other little independent shops, 2 minute drive from Rother Valley Country Park.. so you can see why I enjoy living there, surely?

It sounds good, I think the houses we are looking at in Swallownest are around Skipton Road...is that nice?

Tom

I have lived in and work in N. Anston ..... and you are right it is proberbly a good option

close to all links.... nice open green spaces....lovely walks, average house prices, not many shops though....but Dinnington is only the next village along which has Tesco's and a small high st where you should be able to get anything you want ............

plenty of take-aways...........and 2 excellent restaurants proberbly the best in sheffield/ rotherham .........Venus steak house......and Royal Elephant

I would recommend the area very highly :)

Archived