[Ben ive cut my thumb off]

old tup

my old man was the foreman joiner at Neepsend Power Station he had a large workshop there.He was one of the true carpenters;he could do anything and make anything with wood.In his shop there was always a gluepot boiling;he had a large bench with a big circular saw the teeth were large it was like an aeroplane propeller when switched on.His mates name was Ernest anyway this day they were splitting a huge log ;as you got near the saw teeth you used a piece of wood to push it through;dad was doing something on the other bench;when he turned round Ernest stared at him[Whats up mate]dad says Ernest replied[ben ive cut my thumb off].He had not took care and followed through with his thumb stuck out;it was on the bench top.A while after he told dad he didnt feel it go it was that quick.

I was in charge of power plant plus many other duty's one of the engineer's came up said i just lost my thumb. what u mean silly Bast***after stuffing the hole with bandage and when he was off to the hospital i decend down to the boiler room to look for the thumb but none found must have gone down the sump?? I'd called in another engineer to take over, first thing he does is pick up a pair of gloves sitting on top of the pump ,And yes you guessed it the thumb was still in the gloves after pokeing around for a bit my 2nd engineer pasted out and i had to send him home had to call #3 ,and you wonder why I've got grey hair

My husband cut off his thumb some 45yrs ago ,he said he looked down on the floor and there it was. he picked it up and promptly threw it in the furnace. Had a very good solicitor got a lump sum and a pension for life. Often ask if he cant lose the other 1 and we can retire comfortably. Only joking :)

Archived