Have you been ripped off? I have not nice,

i bought a drakebox chip for my car,it came and a few weeks later my car was stolen,so i emailed the seller and told him it was still in the packaging he said no probs return it and ill refund you,

great i thought so i sent it recorded tracked mail,i emailed seller he said we have it ill refund you in 24/48 hrs one month later several nice emails no refund and no replies and because i sent it back on the 60th day ebay wont act nor will paypal,

so im out of pocket just under £100 and gutted tbh

a lesson well learned.

have you been ripped off?

What happened to the car, maybe you should have told the insurance company about the package which would have been covered by your car contents policy.

I didnt read the story like that, to me it looked like Jenny purchased something for the car but it was never used (never even opened).

Feel sorry for you, really is important to do all your shouting for a refund within the 60 day period.

Yip I was goosed recently by a company called Internet Security Suite-

http://www.2-viruses.com/remove-internet-security-suite-fake

I was trying to buy virus protection and I was conned into buying their's. They said it was 15.00. They took 49.50 from my account.

It turned out to be useless and just access to worthless software that is available free anyway. The phone number they provided was never answered.

I complained to my bank (Halifax) I paid by debit card. They said I would have to wait 28 days before they'd look at it. After this they reported back that the company only provide refunds if requested within 7 days. Erm, it took longer than that to find out they'd taken more than they said. I did realise before that, that I'd been conned, but put it down to experience because it was only 15.00.

The Halifax commented that they couldn't do anything because I'd received something for the fee. I should contact the police if I wanted to take it further.

What a Lemon....

Archived