Should there be law prohibiting parents smoking in front of children ?

Should there be a law stopping or discouraging parents from smoking in the same room or house as their children?

The facts about passive smoke are evident , yet many parents still disregard the health of theirchildren/babies and still continue to smoke while the kids are present,

should there be a law protecting kids from passive smoke while at home?

Personally I would not even smoke inside my house (not that I smoke), whether children were present or not. It makes your house smell horrible, but I guess thats peoples' personal choice.

We had friends around once and let them smoke in the kitchen, but didn't like it, so if my OH smokes, he stands outside now by choice, and that's since even before the smoking ban came in.

Personally I would not even smoke inside my house (not that I smoke), whether children were present or not. It makes your house smell horrible, but I guess thats peoples' personal choice.

We had friends around once and let them smoke in the kitchen, but didn't like it, so if my OH smokes, he stands outside now by choice, and that's since even before the smoking ban came in.

This is a good example of why there should be no ban.

Most people arent stupid enugh to do it :)

Should there be a law stopping or discouraging parents from smoking in the same room or house as their children?

The facts about passive smoke are evident , yet many parents still disregard the health of theirchildren/babies and still continue to smoke while the kids are present,

should there be a law protecting kids from passive smoke while at home?

I thought that common sence would sort the problem, we do not need any more stupid laws.

I feel we are becoming a nation that wants to make laws for the sake of it.

You and your crowd have succesfully baned smoking in public places back of for people in their own house. Most parents are aware of the risks and will not smoke when children are around.

What next ban smoking in your own car, and to disagree with you the facts of passive smoking has no sound evidence.

yes there should be! My husband and I dont smoke but when my son goes to his dads for the weekend he comes home on Sundays stinking of smoke and if he spends longer than a weekend there (school holiday etc) he comes home with a really bad caugh!

Another thing that annoys me is when my son and I are out and about (mainly bus stops) we have to inhale other peoples smoke! We generally stand far enough away from the bus stop so we dont.

Just wish smokers would be a little more considerate to those of us who dont.

Archived