Should there be law prohibiting parents smoking in front of children ?

My bold, passive smoking is a killer, look what happened to Roy Castle.
My condolences to Roy Castle's family, though I don't know who he was. I wonder if you would extend condolences to me for the loss of my wife to a drunken driver in 1979, one of thousands who died that year for the same reason. At least it was quicker than cancer.

My condolences to Roy Castle's family, though I don't know who he was. I wonder if you would extend condolences to me for the loss of my wife to a drunken driver in 1979, one of thousands who died that year for the same reason. At least it was quicker than cancer.

I don't want to be insensitive, but how is that relevant to a discussion about passive smoking?

Did the drunken driver who killed your wife get prosecuted?

The passive smokers who killed none smoker Roy castle certainly didn't.

I don't want to be insensitive, but how is that relevant to a discussion about passive smoking?
It is only relevant when people treat smokers like social pariahs, while ignoring or glorifying the harm that alcohol is capable of. I still don't believe someone having a drag in the open air is seriously harming anyone, and certainly not in the interior of his own car or home, providing he doesn't do it where his children spend their time.

Should there be a law stopping or discouraging parents from smoking in the same room or house as their children?

The facts about passive smoke are evident , yet many parents still disregard the health of theirchildren/babies and still continue to smoke while the kids are present,

should there be a law protecting kids from passive smoke while at home?

No there should not be a law prohibiting parents smoking in front of children.

It's enenforceable and we already have too many laws that can't be enforced.

It would imply that my parents were criminals as they smoked in front of me. In fact they were perfectly good parents.

Should there be a law stopping or discouraging parents from smoking in the same room or house as their children?

The facts about passive smoke are evident , yet many parents still disregard the health of theirchildren/babies and still continue to smoke while the kids are present,

should there be a law protecting kids from passive smoke while at home?

I don't think a law would be enforceable in someones home, how on earth would you police it, or gather tangeable evidence?

But my daytime job brings me into contact with parents who smoke in the house, in the same room as there children. I think this is wrong as children don't have a choice about their health.

Archived