Call of duty - Addiction

;7301553']As far as I'm aware you can use the parental control settings on the PS3 to limit playtime. I don't own a PS3 so dont know for sure how it works. You can look at this site for more info...

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/3_15/basicoperations/parentallock.html

Thanks Matt that was one of my original idea's however if he can't play he's using the internet to get strategies and watch gameplay (yes really!!), also he's a lot more computer savvy than me so I think he'd soon find a way around that.

He plays with his friends online which is part of the problem, It makes me the bad guy as his friens seem to have unlimited access.

They tell you that but it is not the case usually, most parents limit the gaming time, I know I do. Plus, mine are not allowed on games beyond the age limit.

The time settings are a good idea although I don't use them.

You have done the right thing.

The game is for over 18's

Should a child be playing it?

Me?

Level 45 Prestige 6

Think this was probably my first mistake tbh but he was going to his friends to play it and to be honest all his friends play it. In general he is a good lad and I thought he was sensible enough. with hindsight I'd never recommend it.

They tell you that but it is not the case usually, most parents limit the gaming time, I know I do. Plus, mine are not allowed on games beyond the age limit.

The time settings are a good idea although I don't use them.

You have done the right thing.

Thanks andre, I'm starting to think that while he may get the ps3 back (with time limits) I will have to ban him from games over his age limit.

Thanks Matt that was one of my original idea's however if he can't play he's using the internet to get strategies and watch gameplay (yes really!!), also he's a lot more computer savvy than me so I think he'd soon find a way around that.
Not if he doesn't know the password.

Think this was probably my first mistake tbh but he was going to his friends to play it and to be honest all his friends play it. In general he is a good lad and I thought he was sensible enough. with hindsight I'd never recommend it.
Force him to be more social by having him goto his friends to play?

Archived