All systems go!!

Today we made a preliminary booking on our wedding date at the sheffield registry office for august next year and i am simply so happy i am bursting. I was worried it would be booked up already which would have thrown spanners into the works all over the place :o Although there is just under 18 months til the big day, already i have finalised the decision on the colour scheme after changing my mind 4 times already and seen the style of dress i want for the bridesmaids and flower girls along with the waistcoats to match the colours for the men/paigeboys. i will be making a booking for the venue hopefully this week and then to see if the cars i want are also available for that date. I have my first dress fitting appointment on monday so i can see if i can find a dress i like and order it then have it taken in if needed before the wedding due to weight loss which is already 17lbs lighter :D cake ideas and seating plans done, flowers almost agreed on and favours is mind. just need to get started on the invitations etc and to find a hair dresser i can trust :P

I sooooooo cant wait!!!

Thats really organised! Mine is 6 months away (also made out booking at reg office yesterday !), and I am still struggling with reception venue, 3 I like but ideally I would have a large room with plenty of dancing space, a bar, own catering allowed (or not too expensive), and outside spce- mine have one or the other but not all 3! Argh!

Hehe... well done, and congats on the weight loss! I have seen a dress I like on eBay, hoping to buy it next month, and then hope to lose a few lbs. :)x

also now seen the cake and putting a deposit on that in the next 8 weeks unless i find another one better in that time but doubt i'll beat this on design :o)

mis s 83 hav you tried ponds forge skyline?

two flags i will contact you for prices etc shortly for comparison

many thanks all and i've lost another 2lb so now at 19lb yay lol x

ooh also forgot to mention i hav also booked my make up person for the day (virgin vie consultant who is doing it for free!!)

I've got less than 6 months to go! yay! Good luck with all the plans. We just need to decide on flowers really now. Oh and make all the invites, order of service, menus, table plan, place cards and decorations; choose my jewellery and the fella needs to pick his suits. Ummm....!

right when i say this people will think oooooh nooooooo but my dad and step-mum had their wedding reception at trades and labour on city road they charged £80 for the private room which you got back the next day if someone went back to do the cleaning you could do your own food andddddd there was space outside too!

Archived