Barclays Bank Pays 1% Corporation Tax

Guest sibon

That is correct but they where in power in 2009 which your link relates too.

No. My link refers to the tax paid on their 2009 profit.

Payable last year, I'd imagine.

In any case. The Labour Party can do nothing about it now. What course of action should the coalition follow?

Under the previous government's tax regime. To try to blame the Tories and Liberals for this really is pushing the limit.

I'm blaming nobody. I don't think that it is right though.

How do you think that the banking sector backed Tories will tackle this? :)

wasn't it the scottish banks that got us into the liquidity problem. Mostly Due to the lack of regulation by GB et al. Bank of Scotland, RB of S........ etc

That isn't the topic of this thread though.

I was asking whether it is ok for a massively profitable business like Barclays, to pay only 1% Corporation Tax.

I pay over 40% of my income back to the exchequer... mind you, I don't earn £12bn though.

And I don't fund the Tory party.:suspect:

The title to this thread could easily be called. Under the Labour government's tax regime, Barclays Bank only has to pay a 1% corporation tax rate.

Or, it could be called "Barclays Bank Pays 1% Corporation Tax".

You could also make a relevant contribution to the thread.

Or, it could be called "Barclays Bank Pays 1% Corporation Tax".

You could also make a relevant contribution to the thread.

I have made a relevant contribution, under Labour Barclays can get away with only having to pay 1%.

But as i said it can easily be called. Under the Labour government's tax regime, Barclays Bank only has to pay a 1% corporation tax rate.

But is it right that they have to only pay 1%, of course it's not. But if the loopholes are there then any business and not just banks will use them.

It's the tax system thats at fault.

But as i said it can easily be called. Under the Labour government's tax regime, Barclays Bank only has to pay a 1% corporation tax rate.

But is it right that they have to only pay 1%, of course it's not. But if the loopholes are there then any business and not just banks will use them.

It's the tax system thats at fault.

One of our Governing parties thinks that it is wrong too. The other one is on the take from the banks.

What do you think they will do next? It looks like a bit of a conflict of interests to me.

Archived